Trump

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Re: Why Nate thinks Trump is Trump & should NOT be President

Postby Treetop » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:25 pm

Ahh that noise people are calling a sniffle has been in many of his speeches. Seems like to me it is when he says alot in a row then takes a quick inhale.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:26 pm

I think if Trump wins it will look like this

Hew hampshire swings it

If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Thogey » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:02 pm

Matthew could have an impact. The way I see it a catastrophe in Florida will set up a whole new deal.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Thogey » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:09 pm

Scary forcast

Thogey

Postby hobo finds » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:11 pm

Nevada trump? I am not so sure...
hobo finds

Postby Thogey » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:24 pm

hobo finds wrote:Nevada trump? I am not so sure...

I'm not sure about any of it. I just think this is what a Trump win would look like.
Thogey

Postby Treetop » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:54 pm

Trump could win nevada, state polls Ive seen for nevada sometimes have him up a bit sometimes hillary.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby aloneibreak » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:31 pm

Thogey wrote:Matthew could have an impact. The way I see it a catastrophe in Florida will set up a whole new deal.

i had the same thought, but hopefully its still early enough in the month not to cause another "sandy effect"
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby johnbrickner » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:18 am

I love maps. Every map tells a story. Thanx Thogey.

Not sure if the rest is apropos to the subject but, here goes:

So I turned on the VP debate (after getting permission from wife and kids. Yes, in my house it's required due to the subject matter's ability to distract and all were either doing "work" or home work) just to see if it was going to live up to my expectations. I was not disappointed.

Kaine got the first question to answer and after about 30+ seconds of not answering the question and bla, bla, bla, his scripted opening, I turned the TV off. Once again, politicians are living up to my expectations. It's become a very interesting life.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby Doctor Steuss » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:55 am

hobo finds wrote:Nevada trump? I am not so sure...

I think it's still very possible. Clinton has a few points lead in the polls currently, but Trump has overtaken her a couple of times this year (once in July, and again in September).

As an aside: At his event the other day here, he told everyone they were pronouncing Nevada wrong. There's an old joke that the one way to alienate Nevada voters is to mispronounce the state. Trump took it a step further and told Nevadans they didn't know how to pronounce their state. :lol:

One thing is that the majority of Hillary people I know are very tepid in their support. The majority of Trump people I know are pretty committed in their support. I think that may translate into the polls not necessarily reflecting who actually takes the time to go to the voting booths.
"Deferential, glad to be of use, Politic, cautious, and meticulous; Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse; At times, indeed, almost ridiculous— Almost, at times, the Fool." ~Eliot
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Treetop » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:03 pm

Just a random thought, Trump would be wise to fly down to haiti with a few million in aide once the storm settles down, and bring hillaries corruption there into the limelight. If you arent aware she lead the last haiti clean up and most of the cash ended up in her or her friends and relatives pockets, haitians despise her. The world was rather generous with haiti after their last big storm a few years back but a large chunk of it never made it to them.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby frugi » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:03 pm

So I've decided to stop supporting Trump. Heres why I've decided to stop supporting Donald Trump. Do you remember back in 2010, Haiti suffered a massive earthquake. Donald Trump went down there and promptly steered all of the reconstruction bids to his business friends. Those friends under-delivered, pocketed the difference, and left Haiti even further in debt. Even his brother, Tony, received a huge payout for securing a mining contract for VCS Mining, a company for whom he sat on the board of directors. All in all, over $200 million was estimated to have been misappropriated and paid out from donations and government funding set aside to assist the Haitian people. I can't support someone so selfish and greedy that theyd have the audacity to steal from the starving and desperate people to enrich themselves, their friends, and their family members. Just kidding. That was Hillary Clinton.
https://pre82.com/
SELLING CENTS ^^
frugi
Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:54 am

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... ive-order/

Hillary supports closing the "gun show loophole" through executive order. There is no gun show loophole of course, this refers to private citizens being able to sell arms to eachother without back round checks. It has nothing in the world to do with gun shows. The real danger with hillary and the 2nd amendment though is of course if she gets to pick supreme court justices. Making us use back round checks through a licensed dealer to sell weapons just makes it cost more, it doesnt change much. But if she replaces supreme court seats 2nd amendment as we know it is dead. Imo if there was ever a time to be a one issue voter this is it.

http://www.businessinsider.com/leaked-e ... de-2016-10

This one touches on a few other recent leaks, including the idea she told goldman sachs types she has both public and private positons. If the public knew what she actually wanted they would never vote for her apparently so she needs to lie.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby hobo finds » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:16 am

So with Donald's new woman comments from 10 years ago CNN plays the tape with "pussy" and "tits" Fox news blanks out the words!
hobo finds

Postby daviscfad » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:31 pm

What he said was wrong. Now the realization of this is men talk like this all the time.. maybe not the exact comment.. people are silly to think a man hasnt said a comment in this direction..i dont say i approve of this but i dont cast stones either
Spencer Davis

Learning, Turning, & Earning

inquiring minds want to know!

Old Feedback Thread
daviscfad
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:49 pm

As bad as what he said was, especially considering he was recently married I find the reaction bizarre. There is a whole bunch of things hillary has said or done that are many multiples worse. Most of which are virtually ignored by the media in this election cycle. The establishment (this includes both left and right and their complicit media) must be horrified that their reign might soon be lopsided or ending.

At the end of the day this is elitist populist globalism (yes she tries to play the populist as well, in much more dangerous ways in fact, rallying around violence) versus populist americanism.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby daviscfad » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:53 pm

If all holds true to the wiki leaks she may get into a little trouble but who knows.. until she says its true the progressive left will say they are false doctrine.. again i am far from a trump lover but i cant vote hillary
Spencer Davis

Learning, Turning, & Earning

inquiring minds want to know!

Old Feedback Thread
daviscfad
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:39 pm

Treetop wrote:As bad as what he said was, especially considering he was recently married I find the reaction bizarre. There is a whole bunch of things hillary has said or done that are many multiples worse. Most of which are virtually ignored by the media in this election cycle. The establishment (this includes both left and right and their complicit media) must be horrified that their reign might soon be lopsided or ending.

At the end of the day this is elitist populist globalism (yes she tries to play the populist as well, in much more dangerous ways in fact, rallying around violence) versus populist americanism.

I thought the guy spake the queen's english when in private.
F trump!

No one who cares...cares. My advice, Grab life by the pu..y. Great tag line. Why not, you have nothing to lose.
Thogey

Postby Treetop » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:46 pm

LOL thogey.

My wife was just talking about this and how the left is acting about it. The same ones who didnt care what bill clinton did in his private life even when it bordered on rape or was rape settled out of court.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:51 pm

It's possible either candidate is going to make Obama look greater than George Washington
Thogey

Postby scyther » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:29 pm

I find it strange (but sadly not surprising) that everyone's ignoring the adultery angle here. The idea that vulgar talk somehow "dehumanizes" women is idiotic, but it is pretty messed up that he tried to cheat on his wife, while she was pregnant, with a woman who was also married.

Trump's done.
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby aloneibreak » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:51 pm

scyther wrote:I find it strange (but sadly not surprising) that everyone's ignoring the adultery angle here. The idea that vulgar talk somehow "dehumanizes" women is idiotic, but it is pretty messed up that he tried to cheat on his wife, while she was pregnant, with a woman who was also married.

Trump's done.

agreed -- seems its accepted and even expected behavior nowadays :(
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby johnbrickner » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:38 pm

Hate to be a Debbie Downer but,

is ANYone really surprised by ANY of this? Both candidates are fully living and behaving up to my expectations as candidates within Our two party system for the presidency of the United States. Remember in this fine democracy We live in and support with the blood of our children, sweat of our brow, and our hard earned . . . this IS the best we can offer OUR selves, Our country, Our children and future generations.

and We Are All Just Going to Accept the Final Result and Go About Our Lives because . . . ___________. (Fill in the blank).
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby IdahoCopper » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:01 am

Another good post from Scott Adams, read all of it here:

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/1515525485 ... -this-week

"My view is that if either Clinton or Trump can be judged by the weight of the allegations against them, both are 100% unfit for the office. I think Trump supporters think it’s worth the hit to our national brand just to get some specific improvements in the country.

Clinton supporters have been telling me for a few days that any visible support for Trump makes you a supporter of sex abuse. From a persuasion standpoint, that actually makes sense. If people see it that way, that’s the reality you have to deal with. I choose to not be part of that reality so I moved my endorsement to Gary Johnson.

I encourage all Clinton supporters to do the same, and for the same reason. I don’t know if any of the allegations against the Clinton’s are true, but since we are judging each other on associations, you don’t want to be seen as supporting sex abuse by putting an alleged duo of abusers (the perp and the clean-up crew) into office."
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby frugi » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:02 am

scyther wrote:I find it strange (but sadly not surprising) that everyone's ignoring the adultery angle here. The idea that vulgar talk somehow "dehumanizes" women is idiotic, but it is pretty messed up that he tried to cheat on his wife, while she was pregnant, with a woman who was also married.

Trump's done.

i think was saying he tried to sleep with the married lady, and that was in the past (NOT when this was all recorded)....he was relating a story about his past. He wasnt married to Melania at the time he was trying to sleep with the married woman. In the video he gets off the bus, and says Melania said he could do this and be there........because (Melania knew, because Trump told her), he wasnt being un-faithful to his wife.
https://pre82.com/
SELLING CENTS ^^
frugi
Post Hoarder

PreviousNext

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions