Israeli attack on Iran Imminent

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Re: Israeli attack on Iran Imminent

Postby John_doe » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:52 pm

I'm also not trolling, these things should be discussed. Just because someone states a different viewpoint does not make them a troll. Like I said I respect what all of you have to say, and if you believe what you are saying then more power to ya.
Ancora Imparo

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:01 pm

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:
John_doe wrote:I don't know what to tell ya. I guess if you support the war go, if you don't let the cards fall where they may. I just don't understand how people can encourage a war without actually fighting it. I happen to personally believe that there are diplomatic solutions, and would personally rather not fight for something that can be easily avoided.

Please show me anywhere in this thread any member of Realcent advocating war with Iran.

You just said: " I happen to personally believe that there are diplomatic solutions, and would personally rather not fight for something that can be easily avoided."

Okay, what are those diplomatic solutions? If this is so easy, I am sure you will have no trouble telling us what they are. Please list them.

first you have to ask yourself why they hate the united states. People don't just wake up one day and decide to spread hatred. I did not wake up this morning saying "gee it would be nice to go start a war today." something obviously triggered them to be upset and since I am so wrong and uneducated in regards to the matter maybe you could enlighten me as to why they are so angry with us.

I just don't see why it would not be more benificial to trade and negotiate with them as opposed to destroying one another.
Last edited by John_doe on Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:02 pm

John_doe wrote:I'm also not trolling, these things should be discussed. Just because someone states a different viewpoint does not make them a troll. Like I said I respect what all of you have to say, and if you believe what you are saying then more power to ya.

I don't remember anyone calling you a troll, John.

Again, what are these easy diplomatic solutions you where speaking of?
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:07 pm

Why couldn't we negotiate alternative energies with them? I'm sure they would be happy to make all of the money the could generate with it. It's a desert, there is more wind and sun there than anywhere else on earth. It would be very profitable for both of us.
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:10 pm

I think sanctioning them is only going to make the problem worse. Don't isolate them, try to understand what it is they are after, I don't think they are after me for believing something different (I think it's the media creating a convenient boogeyman).
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:16 pm

John_doe wrote:Why couldn't we negotiate alternative energies with them? I'm sure they would be happy to make all of the money the could generate with it. It's a desert, there is more wind and sun there than anywhere else on earth. It would be very profitable for both of us.

Now you're talkin'! All alternative energy techs have huge start up costs. It is hard to overcome them. Nuclear is the best of the alternative options, but that is what the "flare up" is about this time. We don't want them breeding nuclear fuel into weapons grade material.

Our side has offered to make the nuclear fuel rods for their reactors. They have refused that. They want to make fuel rods on their own. There lies the West's worries.

What other solutions would you recommend?
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:22 pm

John_doe wrote:Why couldn't we negotiate alternative energies with them? I'm sure they would be happy to make all of the money the could generate with it. It's a desert, there is more wind and sun there than anywhere else on earth. It would be very profitable for both of us.

I know this is a waste of effort but I'll try.

In order to negotiate, you need something to negotiate with. If Iran wanted alternative energy sources they would be developing those.

We have nothing to negotiate with. Because Iran does not beleive we will level their asses. Even if they did I'm not sure they care.

The USSR collapsed because they KNEW Ronald Reagan would have no problem wasting them. He domonstrated that by deploying GLCMs in Europe. USSR hated that.

If they wanted wind and solar it's thier buddy China who makes all that stuff anyway. They want a nuke. Beacause with a nuke they have negotiating power. Not just because they have one but because everyone believes they will use it.

When I was in ICBMs we heard the same thing before every alert. "Our mission is deterrance. Should that fail, our mission is to to launch on lawful order, contributing significantly to a US victory."

It really doesn't matter what that victory looks like. What mattered was the USSR knew what out mission was. That's why deterrance worked.

It did work.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby John_doe » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:26 pm

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:

Now you're talkin'! All alternative energy techs have huge start up costs. It is hard to overcome them. Nuclear is the best of the alternative options, but that is what the "flare up" is about this time. We don't want them breeding nuclear fuel into weapons grade material.

Our side has offered to make the nuclear fuel rods for their reactors. They have refused that. They want to make fuel rods on their own. There lies the West's worries.

What other solutions would you recommend?

there has to be a motive for why they want a war, and there has to be a motive for why you want war. I might be wrong here, again correct me if this is the case.

If I could understand the motive, it would be much easier to fix.

I THINK our motive is oil. I think their motive is defending said oil to aquire the highest possible price. Once again correct me if I'm wrong.
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:37 pm

in regards to alternative energy and nuclear proliferation. We have a solution! Frankly I am a fan of solar and wave generators and a few others, but ignoring that....

We can use THORIUM reactors. With thorium, there is NO danger of a meltdown. There is NO way to use the by products to make nuclear bombs. (well maybe dirty bombs, but not true nuclear bombs) The waste generated is also MUCH less, and instead of needing to be contained for 10k plus year and dug up every 1000 years to be put in new containers, it is a LESS dangerous WAY less amount of waste that is only a problem for 500 years.

so all these countries we have nuclear proliferation issues with could be helped to build thorium reactors. We should be building them ourselves instead of the other methods we use. imo. It still has wastes to deal with, but much less, and that is the only real drawback.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:49 pm

Um it's a desert, like I said the could generate enough power for not only Iran, but could probably help power other countries as well.
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:53 pm

John_doe wrote:
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:
John_doe wrote:

there has to be a motive for why they want a war, and there has to be a motive for why you want war. I might be wrong here, again correct me if this is the case.

If I could understand the motive, it would be much easier to fix.

I THINK our motive is oil. I think their motive is defending said oil to aquire the highest possible price. Once again correct me if I'm wrong.

I personally don't want war with them John. If they had a nuke like North Korea, that would be a big yawn. NK threatens war way too often, yet we don't level them. We have them contained.

You are right. US policy is we will go to war for oil. Using up everyone else's oil first and using ours last is a good strategic plan. The time has come to scale back our thirst of foreign oil and start using our own.

Iran does want war. Real war. Please watch the video.

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:06 pm

I will watch it in a bit and get back to you. I'm enjoying my sunshine and playing chess at the moment. 8-)
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:20 pm

John_doe wrote:I will watch it in a bit and get back to you. I'm enjoying my sunshine and playing chess at the moment. 8-)

Cool. My grandkids just walked in and I am taking the wife out to dinner and a movie tonight.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:36 pm

THORIUM REACTORS people!!! :)
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:07 pm

Treetop wrote:THORIUM REACTORS people!!! :)

Is there toxic waste associated with thorium?
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby Mossy » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:14 pm

John_doe wrote: Like I said if you support it
"It" what? Someone else's solution?

What I support is treating Islam like the police treated the Mafia, or like some police wanted to treat the CPUSA. Outlaw the organization and crush it.

Withen the US borders.

The middle east is as well off as it is because the west /buys/ oil there. We have not been going to war for oil, in spite of what people pushing a domestic US political agenda are trying to say. Examine the specific claims about what the US is supposed to have been doing, and consider what the results would be if the claims were true.

Go back and re-read my post above. The middle east is third world because it is corrupt. It is not corrupt because the western oil countries are bribing people, the west is bribing people because that's the way things are done there. No bribe? Nothing gets done.

Nepotism is another big reason.

Read "The Last Centurian" by John Ringo, especially the part about "trust cultures". (In the US, you can be pretty sure that something you loan to a neighbor will come back to you intact. More or less. In other cultures, what you loan out is /gone/.)
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Mossy » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:17 pm

John_doe wrote:
Treetop wrote:THORIUM REACTORS people!!! :)

Is there toxic waste associated with thorium?

"Radioactive" would be the problem. From what I've heard, admittedly not much, thorium reactors produce less waste. They also do not produce material useful for war. If that last is true, then I'm certainly for it.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Mossy » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:28 pm

John_doe wrote:Um it's a desert, like I said the could generate enough power for not only Iran, but could probably help power other countries as well.

Seems like, except for transmission losses. They are a long ways from where the energy would be used.

Oh, they could use it themselves and create a very wealthy country, except, the culture does not allow enough people to do what is needed to get it done. They have a good bit of the western orient attitude toward work (only peasants do that) and education (only the highest status have the intellegence to benifit). The type of work needed to create the wealth they could create requires the people involved be a high status peasent, a well educated person who works with his hands. "Ain't a gonna happen."

That's just for starters.

BTW, transmission losses were what made people initially doubt that the reactors being made were intended for power generation. If they were, the reactors would be closer to where the power would be used.

Darn. This web site needs spell check. Oh well. Time for another cold soda.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Engineer » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:35 pm

Mossy wrote:"Radioactive" would be the problem. From what I've heard, admittedly not much, thorium reactors produce less waste. They also do not produce material useful for war. If that last is true, then I'm certainly for it.

Thorium reactors not only don't produce terribly toxic waste, but they also have the ability to burn the waste from uranium reactors. They're a win-win proposition...except for the opponents of cheap energy.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:39 pm

This thread is weak and pathetic! It has zero to do with the OP.

Reading this thread has 0 value to the poor SOB who decides to read it.

It's stupid and painful to read

I wish it to be deleted. I'm sorry I started it.

Thanks John(Kirkland)!
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Treetop » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:14 pm

i think you just hate thorium thogey. ;) the thread did get strange, but many do when its such a political topic. Its just the way it is.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Mossy » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:36 pm

Might have fit better over in "General discussion". Anything to do with the Middle East (especially involving Israel) is going to devolve.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby aloneibreak » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:41 pm

Thogey wrote:This thread is weak and pathetic! It has zero to do with the OP.

Reading this thread has 0 value to the poor SOB who decides to read it.

It's stupid and painful to read

I wish it to be deleted. I'm sorry I started it.

Thanks John(Kirkland)!

made me think of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

:lol:
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:26 pm

Mossy wrote:
John_doe wrote:Um it's a desert, like I said the could generate enough power for not only Iran, but could probably help power other countries as well.

Seems like, except for transmission losses. They are a long ways from where the energy would be used.

Oh, they could use it themselves and create a very wealthy country, except, the culture does not allow enough people to do what is needed to get it done. They have a good bit of the western orient attitude toward work (only peasants do that) and education (only the highest status have the intellegence to benifit). The type of work needed to create the wealth they could create requires the people involved be a high status peasent, a well educated person who works with his hands. "Ain't a gonna happen."

That's just for starters.

BTW, transmission losses were what made people initially doubt that the reactors being made were intended for power generation. If they were, the reactors would be closer to where the power would be used.

Darn. This web site needs spell check. Oh well. Time for another cold soda.

It's a web forum, not a grammar course. I am on a phone which makes it hard to type. (big hands and small screen)

I'm sure with the money they save from us not stealing their oil could be used to purchase wind and solar units. Maybe even have enough to pay for labor. Also, Iran is much more educated than most of the other countries we are bullying out of resources.
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:32 pm

Still have not had a chance to watch your video sheik, but I will at some point this week.
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

PreviousNext

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions