It makes no sense...totally insane!

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

It makes no sense...totally insane!

Postby Copper Catcher » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:00 pm

The stock markets surge as the Fed pumps money into the Central Banks in Europe. Another bailout....How many trillion this time?

The AP reported: Standard & Poor's Ratings Services has lowered its credit ratings for many of the world's largest financial institutions, including the biggest banks in the U.S.

Bank of America Corp. and its main subsidiaries are among the institutions whose ratings fell at least one notch Tuesday, along with Citigroup Inc., Goldman Sachs Group Inc., JPMorgan Chase & Co., Morgan Stanley and Wells Fargo & Co.

S&P said the changes in 37 financial companies' ratings reflect the firm's new criteria for banks, and they incorporate shifts in the industry and the role of governments and central banks worldwide. The agency did not release its evaluation of each company but said it plans to discuss the changes during a conference call early Wednesday.

Is it me or does it appear that the media seems really slient and the stock market goes up? The plunge protection team is working overtime again!
Ugh!!! :x
Copper Catcher
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: It makes no sense...totally insane!

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:06 pm

It should go up......more money was added to the system.

Same amount of goods with more money floating around = higher prices = hidden tax of inflation = cash holders are all a little poorer now.

I don't like it CC.....but thats the score of the game. :oops:
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Copper Catcher » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:16 pm

I guess I feel like I am living in the twlight zone and there is absolutely no good news ahead..I am watching a train wreck in progress and trying to prepare for the crash....total crazy.
Copper Catcher

Postby Lemon Thrower » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:20 pm

you are watching the end of the current dollar system.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Copper Catcher » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:27 pm

Lemon Thrower wrote:you are watching the end of the current dollar system.

Yep....I agree! :cry: I guess I am not sure if I am really ready....
Copper Catcher

Postby silverflake » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:37 pm

It goes up because in a 0% interest rate environment with monetary inflation howling at you, the masses speculate to get the higher return (perceived) rather than watching their dollars fritter away in the bank. Grab the silver and gold while you can. The public is gonna catch a whiff really soon.
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions