Bank secrecy act

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Bank secrecy act

Postby moparal7 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:03 pm

moparal7
Penny Collector Member

Re: Bank secrecy act

Postby John_doe » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:59 pm

I come from the "never bite the hand that feeds you" school of thought, but hey what do I know?
Ancora Imparo

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:13 pm

the real reason why smaller farms are attacked, is the innability for the larger farms to compete. smaller farms produce better products at cheaper prices, hence why the small farmer is under attack. its a chain reaction war on free markets and competition.

the "too big to fail" philosophy holds true in most walks of life.
Ancora Imparo

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby Tourney64 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:44 pm

Banks are instructed to report suspicious activity reports and transactions of $10,000 or more to the Feds and structuring (depositing multiple transactions to get under $10,000 limit) is a suspicious activty that is supossed to be reported. There has been an increased push on bank reporting since 911. What I don't understand is if everything has been investigated they should not have withheld the money. Yes, there has been a big push by BHO to control, energy, healthcare, food, banking, and education. If he controls all those things then he controls everyone.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby Hawkeye » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:39 pm

That's what scares me about banks. When it comes right down to it, the money in your account is really little more than a number on a piece of paper/ computer screen. That doesn't seem to bother most people, but I can't help feeling a little paranoid about the whole thing. If the government wants to seize it for whatever reason, good luck getting it back.
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Engineer » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:30 pm

This is what the war on drugs has gotten us. Any federal agency can seize your funds. If you drive through TN, state patrolmen are waiting by the side of the road to seize your cash, and your local PD is absolutely giddy to seize your truck for their personal use. I'm sure they'd be delighted to seize your Wilson 1911 as well...all they need is an excuse.

And the public cheers them on. :(
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Hawkeye » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:48 pm

Engineer wrote:This is what the war on drugs has gotten us. Any federal agency can seize your funds. If you drive through TN, state patrolmen are waiting by the side of the road to seize your cash, and your local PD is absolutely giddy to seize your truck for their personal use. :(

My wife is from Kentucky and my sister lives just across the border in Tennessee. Whenever we visit, I always take a decent amount of cash to hit all of the pawn shops around my in-laws' area. I have started leaving the cash in KY whenever I visit my sister because of hearing the horror stories. It's ridiculous.
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions