You're not that thirsty comrade, you just think you are!

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

You're not that thirsty comrade, you just think you are!

Postby fb101 » Thu May 31, 2012 11:02 am

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/bloomb ... =bigcharts

CHICAGO (MarketWatch) -- New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg is set to propose a ban on the sale of some large-size soft drinks in many locations in the city as part of his drive to fight expanding waistlines in the Big Apple, the Associated Press reports. The measure would bar restaurants, delis and movie theaters from selling sodas larger than 16 ounces but would not apply to diet drinks or any beverage that is more than half milk. The wire service noted that city officials are citing a 2006 study to back their claim that sweet drinks are the single largest culprit behind obesity and that they are also linked to diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
fb101
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: You're not that thirsty comrade, you just think you are!

Postby Treetop » Thu May 31, 2012 3:54 pm

This makes perfect sense. I cant wait until the government makes all dietary and other choices for us. Clearly they have a great track record of impeccable decisions. Personal sovereignty is so 1800s...
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby chris6084 » Thu May 31, 2012 5:57 pm

There is all this talk of banning soda. Why not ban sales of big macs and large fries? Soda is not the only unhealthy thing that people eat or drink. A soda does not make somebody fat. A person's own personal decision to drink too much soda and have too much fattening food, and sit on the couch all day watching TV is what makes them fat.
chris6084
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby slickeast » Thu May 31, 2012 6:47 pm

chris6084 wrote:There is all this talk of banning soda. Why not ban sales of big macs and large fries? Soda is not the only unhealthy thing that people eat or drink. A soda does not make somebody fat. A person's own personal decision to drink too much soda and have too much fattening food, and sit on the couch all day watching TV is what makes them fat.

You opinion is bias. Lol

What?????? You don't trust the government to make good decisions for you?

I buy the smallest size drink possible at a resturant and just get 5 refills.

So eating a large pizza with the works is ok as long as I don't drink a soda with it.....sweet!!!!!!!
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby chris6084 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:31 pm

slickeast wrote:
chris6084 wrote:There is all this talk of banning soda. Why not ban sales of big macs and large fries? Soda is not the only unhealthy thing that people eat or drink. A soda does not make somebody fat. A person's own personal decision to drink too much soda and have too much fattening food, and sit on the couch all day watching TV is what makes them fat.

You opinion is bias. Lol

What?????? You don't trust the government to make good decisions for you?

I buy the smallest size drink possible at a resturant and just get 5 refills.

So eating a large pizza with the works is ok as long as I don't drink a soda with it.....sweet!!!!!!!

Yes, my opinion is bias. :lol:
But I am like you, sure give me a 16oz cup instead of a 32 oz cup. It just means more refills. I will drink the same amount of soda.
chris6084
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby sparechange » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:25 pm

What will Bloomberg wash his donuts down with? A 16 oz may not do it.
Always drink upstream from politicians, they tend to foul things up.
sparechange
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions