Obama needs votes

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Obama needs votes

Postby slickeast » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:55 pm

Now he is changing immigration laws to gain votes.

With gas dropping to $2.969 here in S.C. I guess he will take credit for that too.

He is trying to pull the wool over our eyes to get reelected.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Obama needs votes

Postby aloneibreak » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:43 am

it does seem like an obvious ploy to get votes

but is this dhs choosing to ignore the law or making a new one ?

will this change have to go through congress ?

or is this going to be one of those "because i said so" shows of contempt for the constitution by dear leader ?

by giving amnesty didnt he just bring thousands of new workers into an economy already WAY short on jobs ?
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby No82s » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:04 pm

He is basically telling Immigration not to enforce current law. The King can't make new laws ---- yet.
No82s
Penny Collector Member

Postby Engineer » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:45 pm

slickeast wrote:With gas dropping to $2.969 here in S.C. I guess he will take credit for that too.

He needs to take credit for gas prices during his entire term. He hasn't made any effort to curb trading abuses, and has helped to make them worse by supplying the big banks with huge piles of money to bet in the commodities market. He has kept the war machine going in the middle east, which has also kept prices up. He has pushed for electric cars that just aren't feasible with today's batteries instead of vehicles fueled by our national glut of natural gas.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Copper Catcher » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:22 pm

Copper Catcher

Postby Thogey » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:32 pm

I listened to his announcement regarding this policy on the radio.

I'm kinda ambivalent about it. I understand both sides of the issue and think it would be really crappy to deport illegals who are in the situation that falls into this category. On the other hand, the requirements for grace here seem really subjective and impossible to apply uniformly.

But all that aside, Omaba said this 'pass' will be given to illegals who serve in the military?

Granted things may have changed ,as I have been a civilian for 16 years now. But how does an illegal get into the military? You would have to commit massive fraud and lying on just about every piece of paper associated with induction into the armed forces. In my day, your military identity was completely wrapped around your social security number and just about everyone needed at least a SECRET security clearance. Even if I hire a minimum wage laborer for my little business I have to check with e-verify first.

How can he grant a pass to someone who must have perjured themselves and committed so much fraud.

Maybe one of you active duty guys has some insight on how this can happen. If this is the way it is, we could have a massive enemy force that has already infiltrated our military.

Or did Obambo just pull this "some have served in the military" out his a$$.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby fb101 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:21 pm

Thogey wrote:
How can he grant a pass to someone who must have perjured themselves and committed so much fraud.

He feels a sort of kinship with them ......

Thogey wrote:Or did Obambo just pull this "some have served in the military" out his a$$.

Only if it came out above the neck.
fb101

Postby Neckro » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:39 pm

I've served with people who where not legal citizens, and some that where illegal. And where promised citizenship for their service, but where forced to jump through hopes for years after to get that right.
Neckro
Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:49 pm

Neckro wrote:I've served with people who where not legal citizens, and some that where illegal. And where promised citizenship for their service, but where forced to jump through hopes for years after to get that right.

I served with foreign nationals from all over the planet. But they were identified as such and their activities were restricted.

Please explain how an illegal immigrant is allowed in the service and promised citizenship. How does that work? When did the military start doing that? Did a recruiter promise that and the illegal was processed with a bad SSAN?

I just don't get how this is happening
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Neckro » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:54 pm

Thogey wrote:
Neckro wrote:I've served with people who where not legal citizens, and some that where illegal. And where promised citizenship for their service, but where forced to jump through hopes for years after to get that right.

I served with foreign nationals from all over the planet. But they were identified as such and their activities were restricted.

Please explain how an illegal immigrant is allowed in the service and promised citizenship. How does that work? When did the military start doing that? Did a recruiter promise that and the illegal was processed with a bad SSAN?

I just don't get how this is happening
They join as a foreigner. And that expedites their citizenship process.
Neckro
Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:59 pm

So the illegal immigrant joins the military and identifies themself as a foreigner?

I'm cluless. I didn't know this was possible.

Oh well good for them! I would have chewed through a concrete wall to leave the military the day I was ready to.

If they served, they deserve a pass IMO.
Thogey

Postby sparechange » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:02 am

Fighting for citizenship, might be nice to see all "new" citizens do something for their new country. Hard to get some of our "natural" citizens to contribute at all.
Always drink upstream from politicians, they tend to foul things up.
sparechange
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions