Israeli attack on Iran Imminent

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Israeli attack on Iran Imminent

Postby Thogey » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:47 pm

I'm hearing more and more of this.
I met a guy who is convinced it's less than 60 days out.

What do you guys think about this prediction and what will be the impacts?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Israeli attack on Iran Imminent

Postby captainpooby » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:55 pm

For what it's worth, "they" have been saying that for years.
Always look out for number one. Unless someone is throwing poop around.

The look out for number two.
captainpooby

Postby Neckro » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:21 pm

Apparently Iran has been trying to destroy Israel since the 70's haha. Israel won't do jack without it's puppet doing all the work to finish and clean up the mess.
Neckro
Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:00 pm

I think its foolish. On behalf of both parties.

I don't see what this will accomplish for them, other than countless lives and billions of dollars.
Ancora Imparo

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:06 pm

I wish we could put the whole middle east under a giant dome that lets in light and the rain and wind, but somehow keeps them all in.

Iran has some big friends, it wouldnt be pretty. I dont see the need for a war myself. Iran has made no major moves. people claim iran wants to fight israel, but I here israel threaten them constantly, and one out of context comment from a lone leader in iran. Perhaps I dont know the full story, but thats all Ive seen. I sure hope we stay out of it though. We cant fund our current wars, and not only does iran have bigger friends, by themselves they could have tackled iraq and afghanistan most likely. they have a pretty strong military. getting death threats for decades does that to a nation.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:16 pm

There are diplomatic solutions, just terrible politicians. Most of the citizen bases in both countries want peace.

It is political rhetoric, and if their citizens eat the garbage they are fed then this could happen.

Name one war, where the citizens were the benificiary.
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby RichardPenny43 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:47 pm

John_doe wrote:Name one war, where the citizens were the benificiary.

The American Revolution
RichardPenny43
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby RichardPenny43 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:49 pm

If Israel attacks the U.S. will support them.
It would be a huge mistake if they do attack.
We don't need more endless wars.
RichardPenny43
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby John_doe » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:50 pm

RichardPenny43 wrote:
John_doe wrote:Name one war, where the citizens were the benificiary.

The American Revolution

Lot's of lives were lost (it was not benificial to the dead). although I do get your point.
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:52 pm

RichardPenny43 wrote:If Israel attacks the U.S. will support them.
It would be a huge mistake if they do attack.
We don't need more endless wars.

I don't get why we can't use diplomacy. The United States has screwed Iran over the past 100 years (remember when we used to be allies). There are other options, just hard headed people not willing to face the obvious.

It can be negotiated so everyone wins.
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby Know Common Cents » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:30 pm

Think for a moment how many times Obama has snubbed Netanyahu within the past 18 months.

Then think about how a calculated strike on Iran just before the presidential election would give El Presidente BO a hotfoot of extraordinary magnitude. Being told by Israel to "Mind your own business!" would have very interesting results.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Redneck » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:15 pm

A voice of reason was nearly silenced today.
(they missed...this time...)

http://presstv.com/detail/2012/08/22/25 ... DVRK8GPV0g

Did you hear about this on the nightly news?

No, you say ?

Hmmm...I wonder why?

Overall, this is a very interesting article.

>
Redneck
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby aloneibreak » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:48 pm

Redneck wrote:.

>

link not working redneck

try this one...

http://www.presstv.com/detail/2012/08/2 ... o-said-no/
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:56 pm

Redneck wrote:.

Did you hear about this on the nightly news?

No, you say ?

Hmmm...I wonder why?

Overall, this is a very interesting article.

>

I bet it was an inside job. How and why did all the ultra high tech defenses get turned off when the chairman of the joint chiefs land in the airport???!! An ASE says it was Karzai's henchmen.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Mossy » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:45 pm

John_doe wrote: I don't get why we can't use diplomacy. The United States has screwed Iran over the past 100 years (remember when we used to be allies). There are other options, just hard headed people not willing to face the obvious.

Nope. Learn more about the culture.

"Me against my brother. My brother and I against my cousin. My brother, my cousin, and I against the village..."

Then there's the whole bit about "killing the unbelievers", like me. Do business with? Maybe. Trust? No way.

Allies? We went into WWII in large part because we were allies with China. We were allies with Japan, before Japan invaded China, Indonesia, and the Philipines. We were allies with the USSR until after WWII and the cold war began. We have enen been allied with France, off and on. Beats me why.

"Used to be allies" means nothing, on the international scene.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby John_doe » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:03 pm

Mossy wrote:
John_doe wrote: I don't get why we can't use diplomacy. The United States has screwed Iran over the past 100 years (remember when we used to be allies). There are other options, just hard headed people not willing to face the obvious.

Nope. Learn more about the culture.

"Me against my brother. My brother and I against my cousin. My brother, my cousin, and I against the village..."

Then there's the whole bit about "killing the unbelievers", like me. Do business with? Maybe. Trust? No way.

Allies? We went into WWII in large part because we were allies with China. We were allies with Japan, before Japan invaded China, Indonesia, and the Philipines. We were allies with the USSR until after WWII and the cold war began. We have enen been allied with France, off and on. Beats me why.

"Used to be allies" means nothing, on the international scene.

Look at us relations with Iran over the past 70 years, and please explain why they have no right to be upset with us. I will be more than happy to hear out your arguement. We should not be threatening them, we should be apologizing to them. :roll:

Unbelievers? The persian empire was shifted into islam through the ping pong game of relations with the west and russia. (why is India not predominantly muslim?) after all they were a big part of the persian empire also, when you are learning their culture please be sure to understand why they shifted under these principalities. was it through circumstance, or did they just magically one day decide to shift from the persian empire to the muslim empire and become evil? this is sarcasm by the way, and under no circumstances do I believe the muslims to be evil in fact most of the muslims I have ever met are quite nice. (although this is what the media would like me to believe)

we should not have been involved in iranian politics in the 70's and we should not be involved now. sounds like the same group that opened the iraq can of worms to me.

the plain and simple truth is that most citizens in iran do not want war with the west, and (i would like to think that) most of the west would not want to go to war with iran.
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:40 am

John_doe wrote:
Unbelievers? The persian empire was shifted into islam through the ping pong game of relations with the west and russia. (why is India not predominantly muslim?) after all they were a big part of the persian empire also, when you are learning their culture please be sure to understand why they shifted under these principalities. was it through circumstance, or did they just magically one day decide to shift from the persian empire to the muslim empire and become evil? this is sarcasm by the way, and under no circumstances do I believe the muslims to be evil in fact most of the muslims I have ever met are quite nice. (although this is what the media would like me to believe)

Hi John, hate to disagree with you, but I think you got the history of the Persian Empire and Islam wrong. The region once dominated by the Persian Empire fell to the Islamic Caliphate roughly a thousand years before today. When Genghis Khan tried to develop trade on the silk road, the Muslims attacked his ambassadors, twice. The second time, they beheaded Khan's Muslim ambassador and sent the head back to Genghis with the two other ambassadors. This enraged Genghis so much he re-organized his army, marched into the middle east, and proceeded to butcher the masses on a scale matched only by WW2. This was all done in the 1200's. About 750 years before the Cold War between Russia and the USA. My point is Islam was entrenched as the dominate political force in the Persian Empire hundreds of years before we got involved with them.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:56 am

Thogey wrote:I'm hearing more and more of this.
I met a guy who is convinced it's less than 60 days out.

What do you guys think about this prediction and what will be the impacts?

My guess is it's a ruse. I think it is designed to generate "chatter" on the other side. Why would the Israelis telegraph a punch like this? I think they want to see how Iran will react, and collect intelligence from it.

On the other hand, it could be a ruse of a ruse. The Israelis really do intend to attack soon and are acting to make the Iranians think it is only a ploy. If so, their guard will be down.

I really don't know. I used to be strongly pro-Israel. That is until I learned what Israelis, and Jews in general, think about "goyum" like me. Today, I wish we would have nothing to do with them.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:58 pm

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:
John_doe wrote:

Hi John, hate to disagree with you, but I think you got the history of the Persian Empire and Islam wrong. The region once dominated by the Persian Empire fell to the Islamic Caliphate roughly a thousand years before today. When Genghis Khan tried to develop trade on the silk road, the Muslims attacked his ambassadors, twice. The second time, they beheaded Khan's Muslim ambassador and sent the head back to Genghis with the two other ambassadors. This enraged Genghis so much he re-organized his army, marched into the middle east, and proceeded to butcher the masses on a scale matched only by WW2. This was all done in the 1200's. About 750 years before the Cold War between Russia and the USA. My point is Islam was entrenched as the dominate political force in the Persian Empire hundreds of years before we got involved with them.

the Islamic revolution did not take place until the 70's. While there was a large portion of the population that were Muslim, they did not take power oficially in Iran until this event took place. You expect me to believe that they one day just decided to hate the united states? I know better. We are approaching this situation the wrong way.
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:32 pm

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:
John_doe wrote:

I'll give you credit the Persian empire has been worn away with time, but you have to admit we did dig this ditch we are currently in. The media is meddling in things they should not be. This would be more foolish on a world political stage than the war in Iraq. Russia would hate us (more than they already do), and I believe this would be the catalyst to shift the Chinese completely against western interests.
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:36 pm

John_doe wrote:
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:

the Islamic revolution did not take place until the 70's. While there was a large portion of the population that were Muslim, they did not take power oficially in Iran until this event took place. You expect me to believe that they one day just decided to hate the united states? I know better. We are approaching this situation the wrong way.

The "Islamic Revolution" that took place in the late 70's was about politics more than about religion. One political faction of Iranians overthrowing another faction of Iranians who were the ruling class at that time. The Shah and his royal monarchy. Both sides of the Islamic Revolution were Muslim already. The difference was the Shah's side where moderate, peace loving Muslims and the revolutionaries were what Westerners call "radical". Actually, there is nothing radical about them. They are the ones who truly wish to follow Islam as Mohammad did in the 600's. The "moderates" are the real radicals, for they depart from how Mohammad did business. A school-mate of mine was a member of the Shah's family. He was something like the Shah's great nephew. We got drunk together a few times and chased girls. With his Persian good looks and "Continental" manners he was one great chic magnet. Anyone hanging with him was just a wing-man. This part of US history I actually lived. I have a few Iranian friends to this day. They had to flee for their lives when the Grand Ayatollahs took power.

I think what you are saying is the Iranians turned to Islam due to the shoddy dealings between the Shah of Iran and the USA. That is incorrect. The two events are not connected. Speaking both politically and religiously, the Iranians have been predominately Muslim for over 1,000 years. The "Islamic Revolution" was indeed a revolt to overthrow the Iranian ruling class because of it's harsh treatment of political dissidents. It brought into power ultra strict practitioners of Islam who seek to follow Mohammad's teachings in the strictest sense. Both sides were already Muslim.

Now about the part you are talking about USA relations with the Iranians, well that's another commentary all together. I will let you take the lead on that. ;)
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:03 am

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:
John_doe wrote:
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:

The "Islamic Revolution" that took place in the late 70's was about politics more than about religion. One political faction of Iranians overthrowing another faction of Iranians who were the ruling class at that me. The Shah and his royal monarchy. Both sides of the Islamic Revolution were Muslim already. The difference was the Shah's side where moderate, peace loving Muslims and the revolutionaries were what Westerners call "radical". Actually, there is nothing radical about them. They are the ones who truly wish to follow Islam as Mohammad did in the 600's. The "moderates" are the real radicals, for they depart from how Mohammad did business. A school-mate of mine was a member of the Shah's family. He was something like the Shah's great nephew. We got drunk together a few times and chased girls. With his Persian good looks and "Continental" manners he was one great chic magnet. Anyone hanging with him was just a wing-man. This part of US history I actually lived. I have a few Iranian friends to this day. They had to flee for their lives when the Grand Ayatollahs took power.

I think what you are saying is the Iranians turned to Islam due to the shoddy dealings between the Shah of Iran and the USA. That is incorrect. The two events are not connected. Speaking both politically and religiously, the Iranians have been predominately Muslim for over 1,000 years. The "Islamic Revolution" was indeed a revolt to overthrow the Iranian ruling class because of it's harsh treatment of political dissidents. It brought into power ultra strict practitioners of Islam who seek to follow Mohammad's teachings in the strictest sense. Both sides were already Muslim.

Now about the part you are talking about USA relations with the Iranians, well that's another commentary all together. I will let you take the lead on that. ;)

sounds like you got crapped on. Enjoy your war, and I'll enjoy my peace. You fight alone. It never ceases to amaze me, those who preach war, but run when it comes to the fight.

Fight for what you believe in, if that is what you choose to do. I can't stop you, none of my business. Beat the piss out of each other, and don't cry to me.
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:42 am

What we have is a bunch of people running from their mouth. Sounds to me like a bunch of people with something to prove, but to scared to face the music.
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby Engineer » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:53 am

John_doe wrote:sounds like you got crapped on. Enjoy your war, and I'll enjoy my peace. You fight alone. It never ceases to amaze me, those who preach war, but run when it comes to the fight.

Fight for what you believe in, if that is what you choose to do. I can't stop you, none of my business. Beat the piss out of each other, and don't cry to me.

John_doe wrote:What we have is a bunch of people running from their mouth. Sounds to me like a bunch of people with something to prove, but to scared to face the music.

Scared to face the music...Is that similar to putting inflammatory replies in a hard to read color?
vestra frui nocte, troglodytam
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:12 am

I just find it hard to digest the I preach war yet don't want to fight/sign up for the military rhetoric. The color wasplaced on purpose.

Practice what you preach, or step aside.
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Next

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions