U-Haul Truck Carrying Biden Gear Stolen in Detroit

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

U-Haul Truck Carrying Biden Gear Stolen in Detroit

Postby coincrazy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:53 am

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/09/u-haul-truck-carrying-biden-gear-stolen-in-detroit/

A U-Haul truck carrying equipment for Vice President Joe Biden’s campaign event in Detroit Monday was stolen this weekend, ABC News confirmed with United States Secret Service.

Ed Donovan, a spokesman for the USSS, told ABC News the truck carrying equipment was stolen between late Saturday night and early Sunday morning at the Westin Hotel in Detroit. He would not specify what kind of equipment was in the truck.

Biden’s speech at the Metro Detroit AFL-CIO Labor Day Rally in downtown Michigan will still go on as planned starting at noon Monday.

I don't hear a lot of stories about U-Haul's being stolen and this story was just on the TV. It seemed like the perps were looking for something in particular. Something about a bunch of black cases.
coincrazy
Penny Pincher Member

Re: U-Haul Truck Carrying Biden Gear Stolen in Detroit

Postby mongo » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:43 pm

The black cases are what Joe Biden carries his political gaffes in.
mongo
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Mossy » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:54 am

mongo wrote:The black cases are what Joe Biden carries his political gaffes in.

Gee, I didn't know U-Haul had 40' trucks for rent.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Doctor Steuss » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:51 am

coincrazy wrote:http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/09/u-haul-truck-carrying-biden-gear-stolen-in-detroit/
I don't hear a lot of stories about U-Haul's being stolen...

When I used to be in a band that toured fairly regularly, we'd usually have to have someone sleep in the RV that was pulling the trailer -- if we stayed at a hotel -- to make sure the trailer with our equipment didn’t get stolen. From the stories we heard from various promoters, thefts of trailers and box trucks are fairly common in hotel parking lots (they had countless tales of bands waking up the day of a show to find either their box truck, or trailer with all of their equipment gone).

This was about a decade ago though, so I don’t know if surveillance cameras becoming more common has had an impact on how common an occurrence it is.
"Deferential, glad to be of use, Politic, cautious, and meticulous; Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse; At times, indeed, almost ridiculous— Almost, at times, the Fool." ~Eliot
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby sparechange » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:04 am

Wondering if the secret service was preoccupied at local bar! :oops:
Always drink upstream from politicians, they tend to foul things up.
sparechange
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions