Evil, Rich People

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Evil, Rich People

Postby beauanderos » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:40 am

I was just curious of the political affiliation of the richest people... and found this

http://newamericangazette.com/2011/01/t ... democrats/ :shock:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Evil, Rich People

Postby barrytrot » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:14 am

Evil comes in all shapes and sizes. And monetary accumulations.
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Rosco » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:46 pm

Demos seem to be running hard at Mean and Nasty :twisted: , How are we to work together after the Campaigns are over :?:

I want to Run but can't decide where to go :shock:

I know it is up to Us the wife an I to decide but Options look poor, bad, Worse :x
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby brian0918 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:51 am

I would be curious how many of them were Democrats their entire lives, and if not, when they decided to switch. While the Republicans are also guilty of making rich people feel guilty for rightfully earning their profits (as opposed to political cronies who earn their profits through regulations against their competitors), the Progressives in the Democratic party have made Guilt over the profit-motive a part of their platform, and helped to make this idea "common sense" throughout society.

What I'm getting at is - maybe many of these rich people became Democrats only after decades of being told they are evil for making a profit. Bill Gates is a prime example of this. He did more long-term good for society with his work at Microsoft than he will ever do spending his money on short-term philanthropy. Rather than striving for long-term changes to improve the state of Africa (e.g. ending the foreign aid that inevitably funds warlords, reversing the ban on DDT, etc.), he is dumping money into short-term projects that give him good publicity in the eyes of the guilt-mongers (e.g. inventing a new kind of toilet), but will not lead to any sustainable increase in the standard of living in that region. Give a man a fish...
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand
brian0918
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions