Libya, Bomb Threats, etc.

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Libya, Bomb Threats, etc.

Postby CtrlAltBernanke » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:06 pm

Is anybody really buying this crap that Al Qaeda phoned in all these bomb threats to college universities? How could an "enemy" that is beyond defeated drop a blanket of terror on our county over night? One man, Ben Bernanke, just killed our economy and pulled off the largest bank height in the history of the world and our government expects us to believe that everything that is going on in the U.S., Africa, and the Mid-East right now has to do with some movie about Muhammad that nobody has seen?
CtrlAltBernanke
Penny Collector Member

Re: Libya, Bomb Threats, etc.

Postby theo » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:17 am

While we've hurt Al Qaeda badly over the past decade, I don't believe they have been defeated in any way; especially considering they likely had a hand in about a dozen attacks on our embassies and the assassination of an ambassador. Phoning in a half a dozen credible sounding threats to U.S. universities is also well with in their capabilities. If this is Al Qaeda, it could be simple physchological warfare or (more likely) a prelude to something bigger. Whatever their source, these attacks and threats are effective at distracting our attention from the latest round of Fed bond purchases.

I saw the trailer of the movie in question and it looks like it was made by a bunch of high school kids. Al Qaeda generally does not need any motivation to attack us. At best the movie was used as tool to generate emotion on the Arab street.
Last edited by theo on Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Libya, Bomb Threats, etc.

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:12 pm

theo wrote: If this is Al Qaeda, it could be simple physchological warfare or (more likely) a prelude to something bigger. Whatever their source, these attacks and threats servare effective at distracting our attention from the latest round of Fed bond purchases.

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

I saw the trailer of the movie in question and it looks like it was made by a bunch of high school kids. Al Qaeda generally does not need any motivation to attack us. At best the movie was used as tool to generate emotion on the Arab street.

I watched the movie trailer. LMAO!!! It is so silly, it's gonna be a cult classic someday! The movie is so poor, it is just an excuse for them to go apeshit.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions