Precious Metal Sellers To Be Fingerprinted, Photographed

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Precious Metal Sellers To Be Fingerprinted, Photographed

Postby CtrlAltBernanke » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:51 am

City council passes ordinance to fingerprint, photograph precious metal sellers

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?secti ... id=8982844
CtrlAltBernanke
Penny Collector Member

Re: Precious Metal Sellers To Be Fingerprinted, Photographed

Postby NHsorter » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:33 am

Congrats Houston, you just drove jewelers and pawn shops out of business or out of town. I am not a criminal, but if I have a choice to sell without a fingerprint and a pic and all I have to do is go to the next town over, I am gong to the next town over. Call me crazy, but I just feel like I don't need more of my info in another database. For one, records just can't be truly secured. Breaches happen constantly. Come on Texas! You know better than this.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby fasteddy » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:05 am

Its all these liberal yanks moving in taking over our beloved state. Sometimes we have to wonder about Houston being biz friendly. The company I work for moved out of the city limits 13 years ago to get away from their wacky ordnances. Check this out, Six foot rule...for strippers, they have to be licensed and have to prove it, which means they have to wear it....We have an over abundance of crooks on there also...Man I could go on and on....Yes, we have a few nut jobs on the city council and in D.C....check out Sheila Jackson Lee tonight on the state of the union....she will be the woman hugging on Obummer with the triple weave hair do...Not all of us ride horses and spit tabacky. We have our share of weirdos too.
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby NHsorter » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:01 pm

Maybe y'all should ride on into town and start spitting tabacky on those wackos until they get the hell out of your state! We have the same crap here with Massholes moving on up cause it's better here and then they proceed to screw things up for everyone. No place like home I guess.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:50 pm

I just can't believe that of all places this is happening in TEXAS!!!! But you're exactly right, the jewlers and pawn shops take the hit on this.

-The Great
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
- Abraham Lincoln

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

"Put your money somewhere it won't just dissolve
-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby TXBullion » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:38 pm

Surprised to hear Texas has any regulation, i thought you can ride horses and shoot guns out in the open? :lol:
TXBullion
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby mongo » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:34 pm

Well at least theyre not caving in to all the pressure of the gun grab by the libs.
mongo
Penny Sorter Member

Postby theo » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:06 pm

Some day this might be federal law. All it would take is a terrorist attack that was financed by PMs. There was an episode of Homeland where terrorists used an expensive gold necklace to fund their operations.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions