Your DNA ~ Suprise!

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Your DNA ~ Suprise!

Postby Copper Catcher » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:17 pm

Recently the US Supreme Court ruling allows law enforcement to collect DNA samples from people arrested but not yet convicted of serious crimes. Rest assured this sample will likely be stored in the FBI’s Combined DNA Index System (CODIS) database which is the largest DNA database in the world and as of 2011 held nine million records.

However what most people are totally unaware of is that a law was passed in 2008 making DNA screening for newborns mandatory!

“The DNA of virtually every newborn in the United States is collected and tested soon after birth. There are some good reasons for this testing, but it also raises serious privacy concerns that parents should know about.

States require hospitals to screen newborns for certain genetic and other disorders. Many states view the testing as so important they do not require medical personnel to get parents’ express permission before carrying it out. To collect the DNA sample, medical personnel prick the newborn’s heel and place a few drops of blood on a card. There is one question that new parents rarely ask: What happens to the blood spots after the testing is done? This is where newborn screening becomes problematic.

It used to be that after the screening was completed the blood spots were destroyed. Not anymore. Today it is increasingly common for states to hold onto these samples for years, even permanently. Some states also use the samples for unrelated purposes, such as in scientific research, and give access to the samples to others.”

Source: http://www.aclu.org/free-speech-technol ... na-banking

So think about this for a moment from the time you are born a DNA sample is going to be taken, without any parental consent needed, and it will likely stored indefinitely in a government database.
Copper Catcher
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Your DNA ~ Suprise!

Postby 68Cougar » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:17 pm

I have had two born since 2008. I don't remember dna sampling being in the paperwork but caught in the moment like that it would be something easily missed. Its not like parents have rights anymore anyways. I fear for my children and the world which they will inherit from my misguided generation.
68Cougar
Penny Sorter Member

Re: Your DNA ~ Suprise!

Postby IdahoCopper » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:13 am

If you have a marriage license the State OWNS your children. You and your spouse are merely their sustenance providers and can loose "custody" of your kids at a drop of a hat.

Oh, when will the debt slaves revolt? Where is our Spartacus? No, it will never happen. The free bread is sweet via EBTs and the televised circuses are mesmerizing. The slaves will always vote for more chains, because their masters tell them only with more secure chains can they be both safe and free.

America is already lost and will never be recovered.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions