Media's Fascination with Apple

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Media's Fascination with Apple

Postby Morsecode » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:26 pm

What gives with this? Does anyone really care what Apple does?

Why does the nightly network news feel compelled to report three times a year when this gadget maker is coming out with a new gadget? Tonight it was all about a gold colored phone, and dopey footage of apparently unemployed people sleeping on sidewalks outside Apple stores. How come when GE comes out with a new toaster oven, Brian Williams isn't there to alert us?

Can this all be blamed on the fact that news producing in this country is now largely the job of twenty-somethings, and we must live with what they think is newsworthy? Where are the adults?
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Media's Fascination with Apple

Postby henrysmedford » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:17 pm

That's funny. I am 52 and was thinking about starting a thread on what people thought of IOS 7.I updated when it came out. :mrgreen:
Untitled by henrysmedford, on Flickr
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby slickeast » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:21 am

I can't believe Apple is still relevant. They are losing more and more of the market share every month.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Engineer » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:08 am

henrysmedford wrote:That's funny. I am 52 and was thinking about starting a thread on what people thought of IOS 7.I updated when it came out. :mrgreen:

Am I the only one who misses OS9? :shrug:
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby blackrabbit » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:39 am

Companies like Apple hire huge public relations firms which pay and pressure media outlets for this type of "advertising" and often even hire "actors" for this type of story.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby gubni » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:33 am

Its all about being cool. Its a trend and all the teenagers have them. It can be done cheaper and better but you can't convince them of that.
"Every man I meet is in some way my superior."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson
gubni
Penny Collector Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions