Obamacare

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Obamacare

Postby Copper Catcher » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:09 pm

The Obamacare enrollment portal is the gift that keeps on giving endless examples of government incompetence. The latest comes from Bloomberg which informs us that "there’s no way to tell how many people who think they’ve signed up for health insurance through the U.S. exchange actually have, after about 1 in 4 enrollments sent to insurers from the federal website had garbled included incomplete information."

Copper Catcher
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Obamacare

Postby Morsecode » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:37 pm

Has anyone here enrolled, or even looked into it? I haven't, and won't.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby Thogey » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:49 pm

I was able to keep our plan.
It's an HSA/Blue Cross Blue Shield super saver plan 5000 deductible per person, 10500 per year, 5M lifetime cap
It's $663 per month. The premium is rising due to our age. It's a grandfathered plan.
If it got cancelled that would be a pretty big problem.
All we want is a catastrophic insurance plan. I don't mind paying for dental and minor injuries and illness.
The HSA works pretty good. I just put a little, pre-tax, money in there every week and we always have the cash for routine stuff.
Apparently Obama hates the fact that some of us try to be self-reliant.
Last edited by Thogey on Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby knibloe » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:50 pm

my my lost her health insurance. she was self insured.

I suspect that I will lose my plan from work next year. The began offering two plans last year. They are heavily promoting the new one. I suspect that once the shift enough people over to it I will lose out. My wife is on dialysis and insurance is something very important to us and I cannot express enough my anger at them for skrewing with it.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby Rosco » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:53 pm

I'm on Medicare as we are retired early 80s late 70s
it sounds like our care will rationed as they are shifting money to medicaid
to help pay for the people with out money
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby IdahoCopper » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:13 am

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/obamacare ... 00078.html

There is the real motivation for much of Ocare

"Medicaid, on the other hand, is a state-based and federally-subsidized welfare program, one that employs means-testing – which includes ownership of assets as well as income levels. Medicaid programs include conditions that put recipients’ assets remaining after death at risk for seizure to reimburse taxpayers who footed the bill for the recipient’s health care during his/her lifetime.

This was done to prevent fraud, to ensure that limited resources went to the truly needy, and to recapture resources to cover future costs. Until now, though, Medicaid was a voluntary program, and the vast majority of people who entered into it had few assets to risk by signing up.

Here’s where the law of unintended consequences comes into Obamacare. Thanks to the exchange programming, consumers are getting enrolled in Medicaid whether they understand what that means or not, and in much greater numbers than before. (In the first month, nearly 90 percent of all the enrollees in the federal and state exchanges were Medicaid applicants.) "
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions