Thunder Road Report

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Thunder Road Report

Postby johnbrickner » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:23 pm

The latest Thunder Road Report can be found here: http://www.gata.org/files/ThunderRoadReport-12-2013.pdf

Paul Mylchreest writes a mean and detailed view of the current state of the Empire and where the world is headed. If you think this one is good after reading it, you should really read last years also. Saved it to my 'puter for reference it's that good.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Re: Thunder Road Report

Postby silverflake » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:47 pm

This is mindblowing stuff. Most of America is buying Twitter and Facebook stock while China loads up on hard assets. This country is blind. And directionless. What do we do with this info?
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby johnbrickner » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:19 pm

Encourage your children to learn Mandarin, move to Singapore, invest in the renminbi (Yuan,) make friends with Chinese Nationalists, learn all you can about the Chinese political power system and major religions?

I use it to keep track of where we are, where we are headed (and where we might be headed,) help me understand the how, why and perhaps more importantly the when of the decline of the united states Empire, give me a bigger picture ideas to facilitate the continued existence of my family and I (The Life Boat Strategy) and possibly my children's families (The Long-Term Strategy).

Which reminds me of one of my favorite Citizen Against government Waste Propaganda Vids: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTSQozWP-rM
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby theo » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:13 pm

It certainly does look like China is on the rise. But a look at their history says "Not so fast."

Around the year 1400 hundred China built a large fleet of ships to explore the world. Lead by China's greatest admiral (can't remember his name) and with the blessing of the aging emperor this fleet explored the Pacific and Indian oceans for the several years. The technological design of these large ships would not be matched by Europe for about 200 years. They visited India, Africa and may have even reached the west coast of North America. One might have concluded that the Chinese were on the verge of a golden age of exploration and trade that would lead to world domination. Unfortunately by the time the fleet had returned the old Emperor died. The son who succeed him was jealous of the Admiral and fearful of foreign influences. Thus, the Admiral was imprisoned and the fleet was burned. . Oh well.

The Chinese have been ahead of the West technologically during much of written history until the Industrial Revolution. Yet they've been held back by xenophobia and (IMO) a lack of recognition of individual rights and aspirations. Perhaps they've gotten over their fear of foreign ideas and have embraced their place on the world stage. However China's advancements and successes only benefit a small (albeit increasing) percentage of their population. I have a hard time seeing the 21st century being dominated by a country that has 75% of its population living meal to meal. Also I think their "one child" policy was a huge mistake which will cause demographic problems for the next generation.

Now the Pacific rim is a different story. Many of these countries have growing economies and young populations. Countries like Malaysia, Singapore, the Philippines and perhaps even Vietnam will likely gain prominence over the next decade.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:12 pm

theo wrote:It certainly does look like China is on the rise. But a look at their history says "Not so fast."

Around the year 1400 hundred China built a large fleet of ships to explore the world. Lead by China's greatest admiral (can't remember his name) and with the blessing of the aging emperor this fleet explored the Pacific and Indian oceans for the several years. The technological design of these large ships would not be matched by Europe for about 200 years. They visited India, Africa and may have even reached the west coast of North America. One might have concluded that the Chinese were on the verge of a golden age of exploration and trade that would lead to world domination. Unfortunately by the time the fleet had returned the old Emperor died. The son who succeed him was jealous of the Admiral and fearful of foreign influences. Thus, the Admiral was imprisoned and the fleet was burned. . Oh well.

The Chinese have been ahead of the West technologically during much of written history until the Industrial Revolution. Yet they've been held back by xenophobia and (IMO) a lack of recognition of individual rights and aspirations. Perhaps they've gotten over their fear of foreign ideas and have embraced their place on the world stage. However China's advancements and successes only benefit a small (albeit increasing) percentage of their population. I have a hard time seeing the 21st century being dominated by a country that has 75% of its population living meal to meal. Also I think their "one child" policy was a huge mistake which will cause demographic problems for the next generation.

Now the Pacific rim is a different story. Many of these countries have growing economies and young populations. Countries like Malaysia, Singapore, the Philippines and perhaps even Vietnam will likely gain prominence over the next decade.

an army of filipino nurses is already taking over the medical field. :shock: :? :lol:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions