Where Not to Retire

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Where Not to Retire

Postby beauanderos » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:07 pm

Some of the places on this top ten list surprised me...

http://www.escapehere.com/uncategorized/10-most-dangerous-cities-in-the-world-to-travel/

try to name a few of your own guesses before watching.

I was going to say Mexico City
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Where Not to Retire

Postby messymessy » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:38 am

Guessing Detroit and DC.
messymessy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby beauanderos » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:08 am

yeah, Detroit popped into my thoughts as well :?
beauanderos

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:07 am

Interesting list. #1 surprised me a bit. However only one of the countries would I even consider traveling to, much less the cities listed, so no worries here with this list. I can be left to be concerned about our own internal issues once again. :)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby beauanderos » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:15 am

68Camaro wrote:Interesting list. #1 surprised me a bit. However only one of the countries would I even consider traveling to, much less the cities listed, so no worries here with this list. I can be left to be concerned about our own internal issues once again. :)

What? You mean you aren't going to play "We're the Millers" and take an RV down to Ciudad Juarez for a week, so you can practice your Pablo Chacon "El Jefe" accent? :shock: :lol:

They were going to film a docudrama regarding why they can't hire police officers fast enough in CJ, but the title Staying Alive was already taken, and their idea of having a CSI element to the show, to identify remains didn't work out either... all the small parts were already taken. :lol:
beauanderos

Postby Hawkeye » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:29 am

Fortunately, I have zero desire to go to any of those places, so I should be good. Basically, I just need to stay away from Central/South America and the Middle East. Not a problem.
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby henrysmedford » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:57 am

1. San Pedro Sula, Honduras

This city has ranked as one of the world’s most violent for several years now. According to many sources, it has the highest homicide rates in the world -169 per 100,000 people. Arms trafficking is a big problem, and illegal firearms are prevalent throughout the city. This is a city that tourists would do well to avoid.

I lived in Honduras in 1986 and San Pedro Sula was a nice place then.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:48 pm

henrysmedford wrote:
1. San Pedro Sula, Honduras

This city has ranked as one of the world’s most violent for several years now. According to many sources, it has the highest homicide rates in the world -169 per 100,000 people. Arms trafficking is a big problem, and illegal firearms are prevalent throughout the city. This is a city that tourists would do well to avoid.

I lived in Honduras in 1986 and San Pedro Sula was a nice place then.

Yeah... when you moved away all the neighbors were thinking "there goes the neighborhood" :lol:
beauanderos

Postby messymessy » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:05 pm

San Pedro Sula has a murder rate about three times higher than Detroit. And I thought Detroit was bad.
messymessy
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions