Wall Street Recent Deaths

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Wall Street Recent Deaths

Postby Silverfondler » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:07 am

Came across this article recently:

http://www.silverdoctors.com/financial-collapse-what-lies-beneath-the-bodies-of-dead-bankers-what-lies-ahead-for-us/#more-38954

Just curious what everyone's thought were to this? Not necessarily what the author eludes too. Moreover your own thoughts on this current developing situation.
Silverfondler
Penny Sorter Member

Re: Wall Street Recent Deaths

Postby johnbrickner » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:10 am

Makes me want to disengage from the entire system.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby nero12345 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:20 am

I think the most alarming thing is the journalist David bird. He seemed like he'd be on the frontline of this manipulation news often hearing things that he may not be able to write for what ever reason. Maybe he was gonna go to press with something he could finally prove. Scary stuff.
Silver and Gold
•It does nothing – but it hides no mistakes.
•It holds no press conferences – but it tells no lies.
•It makes no promises – and never delivers less.
nero12345
Penny Collector Member

Postby theo » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:53 am

I started another thread about this, which I just deleted. Anyway here is the initial post:

A rash of suicides in the financial industry.

Postby theo » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:46 am
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-02-1 ... -fx-trader

Finally, via Financial Post, here is a chronological summary of all recent banker deaths:

Sunday, Jan. 26: London police found William Broeksmit, a 58-year-old former senior executive at Deutsche Bank AG, dead in his home after an apparent suicide.

Monday, Jan. 27: Tata Motors managing director Karl Slym died after falling from a hotel room in Bangkok in what police said could be possible suicide. Slym, 51, had attended a board meeting of Tata Motors’ Thailand unit in the Thai capital and was staying with his wife in a room on the 22nd floor of the Shangri-La hotel. Hotel staff found his body on Sunday on the fourth floor, which juts out above lower floors.

Tuesday, Jan. 28: a 39-year-old JPMorgan employee died after falling from the roof of the European headquarters of JPMorgan in London. The man, Gabriel Magee, was a vice president in the investment bank’s technology department, a source told WSJ.

Wednesday, January 29: Russell Investments’ Chief Economist Mike Dueker was found dead in an apparent suicide. Police said it appears Dueker took his own life by jumping from a ramp near the Tacoma Narrows Bridge in Tacoma, Wash., AP reported. According to Bloomberg, Dueker, 50, had been missing since Jan. 29, and friends and law enforcement had been searching for him.

The week before, a U.K.-based communications director at Swiss Re AG died. The cause of death has not been made public.

Monday, February 3: 37-year-old JPMorgan Chase & Co executive director who died from unknown causes Feb. 3 appears to be the latest in a series of untimely deaths among finance workers and business leaders around the world in the past three weeks. Ryan Crane, a JPMorgan Chase & Co. employee who in a 14-year career at the New York-based bank rose to executive director of a unit that trades blocks of stocks for clients, died in his Stamford, Connecticut, home.

Tuesday, February 18: 33-year old JPMorgan forex trader is the latest in a string of suicides to take his life in Hong Kong.

Two points of caution. They are not positive that the last guy (in Hong Kong) worked for JPM. Also I'm not sure where the Tata motors Managing Director fits in here. I don't want over-react here but it looks like we have at least four deaths of financial executives in the past month. At the very least, a few of these deaths can be linked to potential scandals (aka blatant price manipulation) in the industry. Those of us who are more conspiracy-minded might see these events as harbingers of something much worse.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions