Salesman Call for 2014 ASEs

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Salesman Call for 2014 ASEs

Postby johnbrickner » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:21 pm

I guess this goes under business news? anyway here goes -

So I'm pumping gas and the wind and snow/rain are hitting me in the face when my son hands me my cell from inside the car and says "Call for you". It's a salesman and he's talking so fast I don't even catch the name of his company. They (he) must be really hard up for sales 'cuz he's telling me the BU 2014 ASEs he's got at only $34 each (and he eats the shipping and insurance) is such a deal. I have to assure him five times: 1) it's not a deal; 2) I have no interest; 3) only a moron would pay that much (why is it a bad deal he asks?); 4) Eastern is selling them for $3.50 over spot thru American Rifleman; and 5) I can do better online through precious metals forums before I have to hang up on him.

Now I applaud his not taking rejection but after the 3) only a moron, you'd think he'd realize I wasn't going to buy.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions