Anybody else buying junior producing miners?

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Anybody else buying junior producing miners?

Postby DTEJD1997 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:01 am

Hey all:

As a whole, I think the market is pretty frothy.

HOWEVER, some of the miners are just screaming bargains, especially the junior producers.

I'm finding some trading in SINGLE digit P/E's, discount to book value, little to no debt, and some even paying nice dividends!

This is especially the case if you are willing to go with miners in jurisdictions outside North America.

Any thoughts?
DTEJD1997
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Anybody else buying junior producing miners?

Postby reddirtcoins » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:24 am

Me!... I think now is the time for people to be getting into anything mine related. Sure there is risk but, when you know the bottom is here or near now is the time. Call me crazy but, I'm in.... I just wish I could do more but I'm putting a little in each month.
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Hawkeye » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:40 am

This might be a stupid question, but I have little to no experience in this area and am interested in learning. Where would I get information about these companies and what am I looking for when it comes to investing in them?
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby DTEJD1997 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:36 pm

Hawkeye:

OK, I'll let you in on a few secret tricks that I use....

A). The company website. They will have their most recent quarterly & annual reports. Frequently they have links to analysts who cover them.

B). Seeking Alpha. They cover a lot of juniors. Take everything on this site with a hefty grain of salt.

C). The "YouTube". Believe it or NOT! I never thought of it till I was told. Many companies have their CEO or CFO being interviewed about quarterly results, mine results, important events, on video which is then posted to YouTube.

If you use these 3 sites to your advantage, you are most of the way to getting a very thorough vetting of the company...
DTEJD1997
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions