70% Of U.S. Spending Is Writing Checks To Individuals

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

70% Of U.S. Spending Is Writing Checks To Individuals

Postby aloneibreak » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:32 pm

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Re: 70% Of U.S. Spending Is Writing Checks To Individuals

Postby Neckro » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:35 pm

I rather it spend that money on its own people than the war machine and foreign governments.
Neckro
Post Hoarder

Postby aloneibreak » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:46 pm

Neckro wrote:I rather it spend that money on its own people than the war machine and foreign governments.

ahhh touché...

but id rather they didn't take it from me in the first place

wealth redistribution at its finest -- and im not even wealthy ! :P
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:28 am

Really? I send that much to christostock each month? No wonder I'm always broke! :shock: :oops:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Treetop » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:47 am

This is what I keep trying to tell my lefty friends. We could kill the whole war machine and even dismantle our military, and we are still spending way to much. We cannot sustain this, and whatever happens, the changes will be worse if we let ignorance lead it rather then wisdom. The longer we wait, the fewer options. the more who rely on said systems the harder it is to change and the more who fail when change is mandatory.

We can do all the political posturing we like but the fact remains this will simply not be sustained. We have no one really trying to fix it in a meaningful way that is actually in a seat of power. In fact it seems more and more are purposely driven to rely on systems that simple math tells us are destined to fail in their current form.... A society with a death wish apparently. Hopefully Im not a slave in whatever phase follows this one.. :?
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions