Is the US or the World Coming to an End?

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Is the US or the World Coming to an End?

Postby beauanderos » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:10 pm

The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Is the US or the World Coming to an End?

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:48 pm

Maybe, but Roberts is starting to look like a nutcase himself.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby theo » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:05 pm

68Camaro wrote:Maybe, but Roberts is starting to look like a nutcase himself.

Nothing worked on 9/11. Airport security failed four times in one hour, more failures in one hour than have occurred during the other 116,232 hours of the 21st century combined. For the first time in history the US Air Force could not get interceptor fighters off the ground and into the sky. For the first time in history Air Traffic Control lost airliners for up to one hour and did not report it. For the first time in history low temperature, short-lived, fires on a few floors caused massive steel structures to weaken and collapse. For the first time in history 3 skyscrapers fell at essentially free fall acceleration without the benefit of controlled demolition removing resistance from below.

Yeah, the above passage was pretty surprising. I agree that the official version of events should be closely scrutinized, but treating a few supposed inconsistencies as a smoking gun for a false flag action is irresponsible and calls into question anything else the author has to say.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:20 pm

There isn't an *inconsistency* in the underlined. It's a product of paranoid conspiracy fed by people that don't understand that just because something is large and expensive doesn't mean that there aren't fatal design flaws that make it uniquely susceptible to what happened.

The space shuttle had two (that we know about). They happen.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby theo » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:57 pm

68Camaro wrote:There isn't an *inconsistency* in the underlined. It's a product of paranoid conspiracy fed by people that don't understand that just because something is large and expensive doesn't mean that there aren't fatal design flaws that make it uniquely susceptible to what happened.

The space shuttle had two (that we know about). They happen.

I agree.

I was just surprised to learn that a plane with thousands of pounds of jet fuel hitting a building containing all manner of flammable material would cause "a low temperature, short-lived fire." :roll:
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Mossy » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:35 pm

theo wrote:I agree.

I was just surprised to learn that a plane with thousands of pounds of jet fuel hitting a building containing all manner of flammable material would cause "a low temperature, short-lived fire." :roll:

I had to clean up a cabin with several bushel baskets of moldy clothing. Burned it in a fire pit. Built a wood fire, dropped some iron piping over the blaze to let the wet cloth dry so it would burn. The pipes drooped under the heat of the cloth fire. Dacron, cotton, and wool.

I have also observed several house fires, and noted how wood can burn a lot hotter than the official temperature (note the white heat parts of the fire).

No, the twin towers coming down did not surprise me at all.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions