Big Brother's Next Algorithm

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Big Brother's Next Algorithm

Postby beauanderos » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:44 am

The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Big Brother's Next Algorithm

Postby Morsecode » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:47 am

“We are seeing a tipping point—they are out there preventing the crime. The suspect is showing up in the area where he likes to go. They see black-and-white [police cruisers] talking to citizens – and that’s enough to disrupt the activity.”

Ha! Predpol indeed. That's a good a name as any, I suppose. Here's another one: Profiling

Don't get me wrong, I support profiling. Because, like this cop programming, it tends to work efficiently.

Alls it's gonna take is for the American Commie Liberties Union to show that officers are being dispatched disproportionately to minority neighborhoods...y'know, where crime mostly occurs...and some bleeding-heart Circuit judge will bring the curtain down.

(edit to charge my android)...

Really the only thing new here is the implementation of software to tell you what you already know. Cop on the Beat, right? Nothing fancy about that.

If you put a black & white on Corner A through the midnight to noon shift you will see a 98%+ reduction in serious crime...on that corner. Dope and prostitution and violence move down the block. It's Whack-a-Mole policing. Watch season 3 of The Wire.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Big Brother's Next Algorithm

Postby theo » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:41 pm

Interesting. I'm curious as to how it works. I was tempted to sign up for the demonstration.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions