Baltimore Violence

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Baltimore Violence

Postby Copper Catcher » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:59 am

I wish I knew what think watching all this unfold in the United States. This type of behavior appears to be increasing and becoming more violent with each occurrence. It is no wonder the government is preparing aka Jade Helm 15. So what does a rational person do, other than keep your head low and try to blend in, when the world around him becomes irrational?
Copper Catcher
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Baltimore Violence

Postby Thogey » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:12 am

Copper Catcher wrote:I wish I knew what think watching all this unfold in the United States. This type of behavior appears to be increasing and becoming more violent with each occurrence. It is no wonder the government is preparing aka Jade Helm 15. So what does a rational person do, other than keep your head low and try to blend in, when the world around him becomes irrational?

You move to a place that's not full of animals.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby IdahoCopper » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:08 pm

This may be how it all starts to unravel. Perhaps not this specific event today, but in this way, over some other event that is intolerable.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby coindood » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:43 pm

One thing I've noticed is CNN & MSNBC are not as pro-cop as FOX. With police abuse vids coming out just about every week now, the public is becoming aware that it's not merely "a few bad apples." I see new Atty Gen Lynch (what a name!) proposing radical new rules on police training and procedure. This can't go on or other cities will take the lead and riots will start becoming the norm the next time an outrageous injustice surfaces. With social media, it doesn't take much to instigate unrest.
coindood
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby hobo finds » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:00 pm

You would think the gang members, kids and other people that were rioting last night would need a CVS, Liquor Store, Senior Center and Check Cashing Place around where they live but they looted and burned them down. I hope the businesses don't reinvest in the areas that were burnt down. There "new slogan" "no justice no peace" how about "no CVS no jobs!"
hobo finds

Postby Doctor Steuss » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:18 pm

Thogey wrote:You move to a place that's not full of animals.

I wish I knew where such a place was in this country... *sigh*

Not only do we have the race-related riots, but we also have people riot over pumkin festivals, surfer events, and sports team wins/losses. It's as if there are a bunch of people just waiting around for any excuse to destroy something, rather than using the energy to build something. A sense of community pride seems to becoming a more rare thing.
"Deferential, glad to be of use, Politic, cautious, and meticulous; Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse; At times, indeed, almost ridiculous— Almost, at times, the Fool." ~Eliot
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby hobo finds » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:56 pm

Could be too early for this... but, the rioters have no spine! :lol:
hobo finds

Postby hobo finds » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:01 pm

MLB Baltimore game tomorrow will go on with no fans admitted!? Are they just asking for people to come out and storm the game in protest so it can be on TV? Move the game somewhere else and let fans in for free!
hobo finds

Postby Engineer » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:18 am

Doctor Steuss wrote:

Not only do we have the race-related riots, but we also have people riot over pumkin festivals, surfer events, and sports team wins/losses. It's as if there are a bunch of people just waiting around for any excuse to destroy something, rather than using the energy to build something. A sense of community pride seems to becoming a more rare thing.

I don't know of any pre-pay pumps within a hundred miles, and the last two contractors I've hired started the job with a handshake rather than demanding money up front. Much like RC, people are willing to trust others.

Things "could" get bad locally, but I'm guessing my odds are a heck of a lot better than they'd be in a large metro area.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:41 am

I'm curious what life is like after dark in Ferguson, MO these days??? Are they getting a bit more feisty now that there has been so much activity in Baltimore? Also, what about gun stores? Has anyone heard if they are selling a lot of guns and ammo?
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby Treetop » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:27 pm

Got into a big discussion with my cousin over this. She insists these issues scream of "institutional racism". Her main "proof"? African americans are more likely to be convicted of a crime once in court, also they make less on average. When I showed her the data, that asians are less likely then their white counterparts to be convicted once facing charges and asians also make more, her response? The asians do better because a higher percentage of them have the values that lead to success. Oh also I am racist for thinking african americans do worse on those two stats because they are more likely to have values that lead towards tougher roads.

Ive been all over the comments sections of 2-3 dozen articles on this issue lately. Those sympathetic to the rioters will cite 5-6 cases where some african american was hurt by police as proof this is racial in nature. They get angry when someone points out that the same types of militarization of police has caught people with white skin as well. In fact there is zero reason to think a single one of these cases involved race at all, and if any of them are found to it would be the personal views of a handful of individuals, not indicative that the system i after specific skin colors.

This mindset sadly nearly ensures we cant find enough common ground to reverse the militarization of the police. Instead I expect a bunch of dim bulbs will throw themselves at the militarized police, justifying their existence and tanks.

Long story short, my take is this is the world we built by insisting that any politician that gets past the local level has that air of bureaucracy so many think is a good thing. Without such traits voters think you are un electable and will ignore you most of the time. Only the "good old boys" of each major party have any traction past the local level. And we blame the system? Pffft. We would have had accountability and transparency had we valued those traits, most of us do not as evidenced by most every election in my life. This much aggression built up will likely need a release, so Id be surprised if it cooled down without first boiling over. Maybe we get lucky and hindsight will be 20/20, or not.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:47 pm

12 Unanswered Questions About The Baltimore Riots That They Don’t Want Us To Ask

By Michael Snyder, on April 28th, 2015

Why did the Baltimore riots seem like they were perfectly staged to be a television event? Images of police vehicles burning made for great television all over the planet, but why were there abandoned police vehicles sitting right in the middle of the riot zones without any police officers around them in the first place? Why was the decision made ahead of time to set a curfew for Tuesday night and not for Monday night? And why are Baltimore police officers claiming that they were ordered to “stand down” and not intervene as dozens of shops, businesses and homes went up in flames? Yes, the anger over the death of Freddie Gray is very real. Police brutality has been a major problem in Baltimore and much of the rest of the nation for many years. But could it be possible that the anger that the people of Baltimore are feeling is being channeled and manipulated for other purposes? The following are 12 unanswered questions about the Baltimore riots that they don’t want us to ask…

#1 Why are dozens of social media accounts that were linked to violence in Ferguson now trying to stir up violence in Baltimore?…The data mining firm that found between 20 and 50 social media accounts in Baltimore linked to the violence in Ferguson, Mo. is now reporting a spike in message traffic in Washington D.C., Philadelphia and New York City, with “protesters” trying to get rides to Baltimore for Tuesday night.

The firm, which asked to remain anonymous because it does government work, said some of the suspect social media accounts in Baltimore are sending messages to incite violence. While it is possible to spoof an account, to make it look like someone is one place and really is in another, that does not fully explain the high numbers.

#2 Who was behind the aggressive social media campaign to organize a “purge” that would start at the Mondawmin Mall at precisely 3 PM on Monday afternoon?…
The spark that ignited Monday’s pandemonium probably started with high school students on social media, who were discussing a “purge” — a reference to a film in which laws are suspended.

Many people knew “very early on” that there was “a lot of energy behind this purge movement,” Baltimore City Councilman Nick Mosby told CNN on Tuesday. “It was a metaphor for, ‘Let’s go out and make trouble.'”

#3 Even though authorities had “credible intelligence” that gangs would be specifically targeting police officers on Monday, why weren’t they more prepared? On Tuesday, the captain of the Baltimore police tried to make us believe that they weren’t prepared because they were only anticipating a confrontation with “high schoolers”…

Police Capt. John Kowalczyk said the relatively light initial police presence was because authorities were preparing for a protest of high schoolers. A heavy police presence and automatic weapons would not have been appropriate, he said. Kowalczyk said police made more than 200 arrests — only 34 of them juveniles.

#4 Where were the Baltimore police on Monday afternoon when the riots exploded? During the rioting, CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin said that the “disappearance of the police for hours this afternoon is something that is going to haunt this city for decades”.

#5 Why are police officers in Baltimore claiming that they were instructed to “stand down” during the rioting on Monday afternoon?…

Police officers in Baltimore reportedly told journalists that they were ordered by Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake not to stop looters during yesterday’s riots.

Rawlings-Blake, who waited 5 hours before even making a statement on the unrest, was already under intense critcism for saying that violent mobs were provided with “space” to “destroy” during riots which took place on Saturday.

One Baltimore shopkeeper said that he actually called the police 50 times asking for help and never got any assistance at all. Other business owners reported similar results. This is so similar to what we saw back during the Ferguson riots.

#6 Why was the decision made ahead of time to set a curfew on Tuesday night but not on Monday night?

#7 Why were so many police vehicles conveniently parked along the street in areas where the worst violence happened? After the destruction of a number of police vehicles on Saturday night, the Baltimore police had to know that they were prime targets. So why were there even more police vehicles available for rioters to destroy on Monday? And where were the cops that should have been protecting those vehicles?

#8 Why is an organization funded by George Soros stirring up emotions against the police in Baltimore?

#9 Why is CNN bringing on “commentators” that are promoting violence in Baltimore?…

Marc Lamont Hill, a Morehouse College professor and regular CNN commentator, embraced radical violence in the streets during an interview Monday on CNN.

“There shouldn’t be calm tonight,” Hill told CNN host Don Lemon as riots raged in the streets of Baltimore.

“Black people are dying in the streets. We’ve been dying in the streets for months, years, decades, centuries. I think there can be resistance to oppression.”

#10 Why did Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake initially tell reporters that a decision was made on Saturday to give “those who wished to destroy space to do that”?

#11 Why were rioters given hours to cause mayhem before a state of emergency was finally declared on Monday? Maryland Governor Larry Hogan seems to think that Mayor Rawlings-Blake waited far too long to declare a state of emergency. Just check out what he told one reporter…

I‘ve been in daily communication with the mayor and others in the city and our entire team has been involved from day one. Frankly, this was a Baltimore city situation. Baltimore city was in charge. When the mayor called me, which quite frankly we were glad that she finally did, instantly we signed the executive order. We already had our entire team prepared.

We were all in a command center and second floor of the state house in constant communication and we were trying to get in touch with the mayor for quite some time. She finally made that call and we immediately took action.

#12 Does the fact that the mayor of Baltimore has very close ties to the Obama administration have anything to do with how events unfolded during the riots? The following is from Infowars.com…

Rawlings-Blake was one of three mayors who provided broad input into President Obama’s Task Force on 21st Century Policing, which advocates the federalization of police departments across the country by forcing them to adhere to stricter federal requirements when they receive funding.

“The federal government can be a strong partner in our efforts in build better relationships between the police and community,” she said in written testimony before the task force.

That would explain her inaction to stop the rioting when it began: by allowing it to spiral out of control, the mayor and her friends at the Justice Dept. could use the unrest to justify the expansion of federal power into local law enforcement, which would also allow her to receive more funding.

And why did it take Barack Obama several days to publicly condemn the violence in Baltimore? Why didn’t he stand up and say something on Monday when the riots were at their peak?

Something doesn’t smell right about all of this. Much of the violence could have been prevented if things had been handled differently.

In the end, who is going to get hurt the most by all of this? It will be the African-American communities in the heart of Baltimore that are already suffering with extremely high levels of unemployment and poverty.

I wish that we could all just learn to come together and love one another. Over the past few days, I have seen a whole lot of “us vs. them” talk coming from all quarters. This kind of talk is only going to reinforce the cycle of mistrust and violence.

Sadly, I believe that this is just the beginning of what is coming to America. The following are some tweets that show the mayhem and destruction that we have been witnessing in Baltimore the past few days…

(here's the URL so you can see the "tweets" [oh I loathe that word.."tweet"}....another thing watch out for sites and guys like Alex Jones and infowars preaching "armed revolts", coz they are gummit PLANTS!, get as far away from these traitors as possible!.....why you think this all happened in Baltimore?!?

coz TPTB WANT THIS!!! ....its part of the game plan, and these young blacks are stupid and desperate enough to play RIGHT into it! hell, they gots nothing to lose.....what?....their post grad school is entrance into the private prison industrial complex, and they know it. just like those dumb #### young arab muslims living here in America....they get set up and handed "supplies and instructions" to pull off tearawrist ops, but opps, they get busted JUST at the last moment, so the feds can say, "America under threat!...look at the plot we just stopped!......so they can get more funding, so they can tear apart the Constitution...just a lil bit more.

My brother Engineer wrote: "I don't know of any pre-pay pumps within a hundred miles, and the last two contractors I've hired started the job with a handshake rather than demanding money up front. Much like RC, people are willing to trust others.

Things "could" get bad locally, but I'm guessing my odds are a heck of a lot better than they'd be in a large metro area."

same thing here....but this weekend, I had to go into town, which is the county seat (pop 4,000) more than normal, needed parts, supplies, etc..its spring......and I saw something I haven't seen ever....a CONSTANT stream of Army/NG vehicles going both ways on the main drag, which is a state "highway"....so I hung around a bit.....the boys were stopping behind the McDonalds to get some chow, and i'm pro-uniform, so I walked to various troopers, and started asking questions....friendly-like...."where ya'll coming from?"....."no kidding"...."what's your MOS?"...."what unit ya'll with?".......

tell ya what?......a FULL division, infantry, maybe more, passed thru my town this weekend....I feel no ill will towards these guys, hell, I was one of them, but I drove back into the hill country...uneasy.....something's afoot.

If you can, get rural and do it quick. here's the articles URL

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/arch ... -us-to-ask
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:13 pm

Doctor Steuss wrote:

Prescott AZ will not have riots over pumpkin festivals or sporting events. We have large gatherings, events and street parties every, and I mean every weekend. Alcohol is always available. Everyone is allowed to walk around with a gun in their pocket.

This [mob type] behavior simply will not happen here. There will be no knockout game. There will be no flash mob robberies.

I'm not trying to com across as a snob.

I will not go into the reason [singular] why. But as it is constituted now, this mob behavior will not occur in Yavapai County. Our people volunteer time and money to make this the best place in America IMO. Come check it out :thumbup:

You can find places all over America where you are safe from this type of mayhem.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby hobo finds » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:17 pm

A Yavapai black guy! :lol:
hobo finds

Postby Thogey » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:44 pm

hobo finds wrote:Image

A Yavapai black guy! :lol:

We actually are having a growing black population. I seem to be seeing new black folks by way of the Caribbean and Latin American.

Nice folks. Not worried about those people here.
Thogey

Postby hobo finds » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:48 pm

Only a joke! :P
hobo finds

Postby Thogey » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:56 pm

Actually that was the Yavapai black guy. Until he made the mistake of wandering un-armed into a lily white subdivision.
The Sherriff, a white man, shot him dead. No one called an abalance. It was a great injustice. The powder keg that is known as Prescott was about to blow. You could feel the tension in the air.
Thogey

Postby aloneibreak » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:10 pm

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby Doctor Steuss » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:45 am

Engineer wrote:I don't know of any pre-pay pumps within a hundred miles, and the last two contractors I've hired started the job with a handshake rather than demanding money up front. Much like RC, people are willing to trust others.

Things "could" get bad locally, but I'm guessing my odds are a heck of a lot better than they'd be in a large metro area.

Man, I have got to find a career outside of the city...
"Deferential, glad to be of use, Politic, cautious, and meticulous; Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse; At times, indeed, almost ridiculous— Almost, at times, the Fool." ~Eliot
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby justoneguy » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:05 pm

welfare.jpg
welfare.jpg (30.83 KiB) Viewed 1654 times
We can ignore reality but we can’t ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

The truth will set you free,
but first it's really going to piss you off.
justoneguy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby neilgin1 » Fri May 01, 2015 9:46 am

“With God are wisdom and might;
he has counsel and understanding.

If he tears down, none can rebuild;
if he shuts a man in, none can open.

If he withholds the waters, they dry up;
if he sends them out, they overwhelm the land.

With him are strength and sound wisdom;
the deceived and the deceiver are his.

He leads counselors away stripped,
and judges he makes fools.

He looses the bonds of kings
and binds a waistcloth on their hips.

He leads priests away stripped
and overthrows the mighty.

He deprives of speech those who are trusted
and takes away the discernment of the elders.

He pours contempt on princes
and loosens the belt of the strong.

He uncovers the deeps out of darkness
and brings deep darkness to light.

He makes nations great, and he destroys them;
he enlarges nations, and leads them away.

He takes away understanding from the chiefs of the people of the earth
and makes them wander in a trackless waste.

They grope in the dark without light,
and he makes them stagger like a drunken man."

Job 12:13-25 (ESV)
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby hobo finds » Fri May 01, 2015 3:07 pm

"To the people of Baltimore and the demonstrators across America, I heard your call for 'no justice, no peace.' Your peace is sincerely needed as I work to deliver justice on behalf of this young man," said Mosby, a 35-year-old African-American who took office in January.

The decision to bring charges and the speed at which Mosby made the announcement, a day after the police department handed over an internal report, seemed to catch Baltimore and the country by surprise.

Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake said five of the six officers were under arrest.
hobo finds

Postby aloneibreak » Fri May 01, 2015 10:30 pm

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby Engineer » Sat May 02, 2015 3:03 pm

Thogey wrote:Actually that was the Yavapai black guy. Until he made the mistake of wandering un-armed into a lily white subdivision.
The Sherriff, a white man, shot him dead. No one called an abalance. It was a great injustice. The powder keg that is known as Prescott was about to blow. You could feel the tension in the air.

Further investigation revealed the suspect has a history of trespassing and vandalizing.

Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions