Ultimately, the QE Solution

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Ultimately, the QE Solution

Postby IdahoCopper » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:42 am

This is how I think it will resolve.

The Fed has pumped a whole lot of money into the economy these last few years, and they probably aren't done yet.

All that money must go somewhere. It has been ending up in equities in the stock market.

How do they keep hyperinflation from taking hold? By evaporating all that money in a stock market crash.

Yup, that is likely the plan.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Re: Ultimately, the QE Solution

Postby plus1hdcp » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:15 pm

Interesting angle, I haven't been able to think of a way for the Fed to head off hyperinflation.
plus1hdcp
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby wheeler_dealer » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:35 pm

My understanding was QE was the vehicle the government used to recapitalize the banks. Create credit to loan to banks, once banks were stable ( government loans at zero %), banks then used these funds to buy government debt at market interest payable to banks. These government treasuries became secured assets on banks books.
Banks were saved by taxpayer guaranteed loans. Excess capital was available for banks to make loans which were only available to credit worthy customers.
Net result-banks were saved by government/taxpayer. There really wasn't huge amounts of cash created.
wheeler_dealer
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby franklin » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:07 pm

The banks had to have benefitted from it since there is a branch popping up on every corner here in SE Texas. Anc I am usually the only one inside whenever I visit, leaving me to wonder what the employees do all day.
franklin
Penny Collector Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions