Debt and Savings

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Debt and Savings

Postby beauanderos » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:47 pm

The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Debt and Savings

Postby wheeler_dealer » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:19 pm

Good article Ray. Sadly the facts seem accurate. Maybe it's my attention to detail, lately I've noticed how these younger generation seems addicted to plastic cards. My neighbor with two kids under 5 drives a junker yet ordering out is a regularity. The kids at work earn minimum wages and constantly buy overpriced junk food from the machines to the tune of 8 to 10 dollars a day. I suggest ideas to save offering examples and practicing by example. When things begin getting worse I wonder their future holds.
wheeler_dealer
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:55 pm

I do the same thing. Not to "lead by example" but I have noticed my actions exert an influence. When I was trying to lose weight,
and eating healthier, most of the others began to follow suit within a couple of months. But now that their weight loss contest
is over, they look at me eating steamed carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower, with chicken breast... while they (most of them) will
go out for breakfasts, lunches, etc. They have to be spending up to $20 a day just for two meals out, when they could brown bag
for $2 and buy another ounce (stacker mentality?) :lol:

But still, whether you stack or not... c'mon, use some common sense! They never have any money, but I'll bet they're spending a couple
hundred a month on streaming crap for their phones. :roll: Everyone of them are working two jobs to make ends meet, and not doing
a very good job of it. :oops:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby wheeler_dealer » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:09 pm

I have resorted to working half days to get ahead. Cuts into my sideline but the extra change helps on payday.
wheeler_dealer
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions