War on Cash

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

War on Cash

Postby knibloe » Wed May 04, 2016 10:33 am

We have all read about the "war on Cash." My question is this, If we as a people start hoarding cash instead of putting it into the bank, would the government force a cash conversion in an effort to round up cash and track it? Sort of like they do with military script where on such and such a date you have to convert your paper money over to new money and if you don't the old bills are useless?

This would cut down on crime and terror right? :roll:
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Re: War on Cash

Postby Kurr » Wed May 04, 2016 10:47 am

Isn't crime and teror an integral part of Government?

i.e. CIA using drug smuggling to fund off book projects, and government using terror to justify larger budgets?
KJV Bible w/ Strong's Concordance: http://www.blueletterbible.org/
The Two Republics: http://www.whitehorsemedia.com/docs/THE ... UBLICS.pdf
Good reading: Frederic Bastiat "The Law" http://bastiat.org/en/the_law.html

A number of people are educated beyond, sometimes way beyond, their intelligence. - Tenbears
Kurr
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby johnbrickner » Wed May 04, 2016 4:40 pm

No need for the gov.to spend so much to make it happen by making all new script. Turn the screws up on how much a cash transaction causes reporting, Have the banks give out even less cash on any request or transaction. Have the media really continue to play up the "those that use cash are criminals and terrorists". Start charging higher prices for cash transactions like they do for CCs and blame it on overhead costs caused by not going digital. And simply continue to make non-cash transactions via computer, phone, whatever electronic device, the norm. In time the young ones won't know (or care) anything different and there you go, it's a cashless world reality.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby wheeler_dealer » Wed May 04, 2016 5:00 pm

I remember the first time I heard "just use the magic card, that's what mom does." Today my son pays for most things with his phone. I don't think it will be another decade and we could be cashless.
wheeler_dealer
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby knibloe » Wed May 04, 2016 8:44 pm

johnbrickner wrote:No need for the gov.to spend so much to make it happen by making all new script. Turn the screws up on how much a cash transaction causes reporting, Have the banks give out even less cash on any request or transaction. Have the media really continue to play up the "those that use cash are criminals and terrorists". Start charging higher prices for cash transactions like they do for CCs and blame it on overhead costs caused by not going digital. And simply continue to make non-cash transactions via computer, phone, whatever electronic device, the norm. In time the young ones won't know (or care) anything different and there you go, it's a cashless world reality.

Ok, good points. They wouldn't have to make new script. Just turn in your old stuff for digital dollars or after ... it will be no good.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions