Venezuela's next plan for food shortages.

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Venezuela's next plan for food shortages.

Postby coppernickel » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:56 pm

Venezuela has made the news again this week for yet another low in the history of what anyone would classify as a failed state. Government Decree 9855, issued by President Nicolás Maduro under his broad emergency powers, allows for any Venezuelan to be forcibly relocated to agricultural labor camps in order to combat widespread food shortages.

http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/articl ... ews_id=563
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Venezuela's next plan for food shortages.

Postby johnbrickner » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:50 pm

13 year low in oil production, with May and June '16 looking like this: http://www.tradingeconomics.com/venezue ... production

This tells me two things; one if this continues oil prices will climb (some?) and looks like all the earmarks of a failed nation state being birthed.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:26 pm

coppernickel wrote:Venezuela has made the news again this week for yet another low in the history of what anyone would classify as a failed state. Government Decree 9855, issued by President Nicolás Maduro under his broad emergency powers, allows for any Venezuelan to be forcibly relocated to agricultural labor camps in order to combat widespread food shortages.

http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/articl ... ews_id=563

SHTF book stuff. Crazy
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Treetop » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:03 pm

What I found interesting about this was that as best I could find out they didnt first ask for volunteers. I mean seriously, wouldnt that be step 1 in such a crisis? Apparently not when you have a dictatorship.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby johnbrickner » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:46 pm

We're I a dictatorship, I'm sure I'd have a list of those that would be first to go. This might include agitators, reporters, protesters, etc.. Then include those that are just annoying like the homeless, teen vandals, Cholitos (baby gangsters), etc.. Clean up the Barrio and bars with chain Gangs. Then the volunteers.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:14 am

Don't want you as "dictator" - you know too much!
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions