I Reckon we are in the "Violently oppose" Phase now.

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

I Reckon we are in the "Violently oppose" Phase now.

Postby Thogey » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:48 pm

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident Arthur Schopenhauer, German philosopher (1788 – 1860)

This was the ridicule phase.

There are plenty of damn funny compilations out there.

Now the hell raising phase. :wave: Have fun!
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: I Reckon we are in the "Violently oppose" Phase now.

Postby Thogey » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:52 pm

Or is it grief coping.

Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Treetop » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:45 am

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/more-than ... /351964445
Seemed like a good place for this.
This had me rolling. Apparently more then half of those arrested in oregon so far didnt even vote. Presumably this trend holds true for protestors in other areas that werent strongly in hillaries corner.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby NHsorter » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:04 am

With the Anger/Violent Opposition phases being so heavily $ubsidized, it could be a while (or never) before we make it to the Acceptance phase.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions