Seeing the World Through a Sub....

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Seeing the World Through a Sub....

Postby Red King » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:52 pm

These days, there is no shortage of stories pertaining to the escalating prices of groceries. Going to my local Kroger (which has the cheapest food in my neck of the woods), the numbers are irrefutable. Eggs have doubled in the past year, fruit juice has risen over 30%, etc.

However, in one of my frequent trips to Subway, I noticed many of their $5 footlongs are now $5.50. "WTF" was my initial thought. Maybe the owner was being a greedy jerk?.
Alas, no... I learned that the company had to increase its prices at all locations by 10% due to the rising cost of ingredients.

Is nothing sacred to the Fed and its banking cartel?
Red King
Penny Sorter Member

Re: Seeing the World Through a Sub....

Postby whatsnext » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:46 am

So I was looking through a cabinet and found a 45oz mason jar of raw honey. It was priced 3.50 and had no expiration date, but I'm sure it was from the early/mid 90's.

The honey I buy now is a 35oz mason jar for 9 bucks and was 8 a year ago.
whatsnext
Penny Pincher Member

Postby AGCoinHunter » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:57 am

That must have happened in the past week with subway. Last time I got one here it was $5. But thats been a week and a half ago.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby abe » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:51 pm

I've only eaten at subway a few times, are their subs still scimpy? Last I can remember is the bread taste pretty good.
Like Pizza Hut, they've mastered tasty bread so what ever is thrown on it, it also tastes good.
Got Laminated Lincolns? Give me a buzz.
abe
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions