Met Senator James Inhoff

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Met Senator James Inhoff

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:13 pm

Two weeks ago, I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. My senator was taking a walk down the street while home for the weekend. I was at a customer's home, looking at repairs for the snow storm damage.

When I saw him, I walked out on the street and greeted him. I have always admired this guy. He is very smart. A straight shooter. You never have to worry about where he stands on any issue. He will tell you straight up. I have seen him many times over the years at events, but this was a first time ever one-on-one.

I talked to him about how inflation was already impacting my business. I have a very small operation. I have tweeked in down to as low as I can go and still keep my doors open. Many of my customers can no longer afford me. Especially retirees. They cannot afford the inflated prices and I cannot afford to do the work for any less. For one old widow, this meant I left her home with melt water still dripping into her house. I was very upset I had to walk away from that one.

He was shocked when I told him how much it takes just for me to keep my doors open. He was also shocked by how QE1 & QE2 inflation has already taken root.

We discussed many things on my mind. It was a great opportunity to talk to him. Senator Inhoff was a very good listener.

Thank you, Jim Inhoff. You are a terrific guy!!!

Edited to try to expose how quickly QE inflation is taking root.
Last edited by Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay on Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Met Senator James Inhoff

Postby Kurr » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:47 pm

How can he be "shocked" at how inflation has taken root?

Does he not write his own checks, pay for his own services? Has he not seen prices rise FAST for years in the grocery or see how they offer smaller servings/contents for same price? Does he pay his own utilities? Pump his own gas? Buy his own clothes? Really?!? He never noticed or thought on the impact to small businesses?

Not knockin the guy really, but just shows how big the disconnect from the "real world" really is for the upper classes.

Shiek, good for you sackin up and approaching him on the sidewalk, and good for him for being there, on a normal street sidewalk, and being available, without a "security team".

I TRIPLE DOG DARE his highness Obama to do that in D.C., or anywhere for that matter[:D]
KJV Bible w/ Strong's Concordance: http://www.blueletterbible.org/
The Two Republics: http://www.whitehorsemedia.com/docs/THE ... UBLICS.pdf
Good reading: Frederic Bastiat "The Law" http://bastiat.org/en/the_law.html

A number of people are educated beyond, sometimes way beyond, their intelligence. - Tenbears
Kurr
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Met Senator James Inhoff

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:55 pm

Hmmm.... maybe I didn't word it right. Inflation has been here for a long time now. The monetary policies since the 2008 bubble bust is what I was talking about.

The shock was to the extent of how soon we are already having break downs in service. We are on thinner ice than most people can imagine

Edited to try to be more accurate.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions