Japan may cause PMs rise.

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Japan may cause PMs rise.

Postby IdahoCopper » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:28 am

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -area-debt

Any threat to treasuries is good for PMs.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Re: Japan may cause PMs rise.

Postby johnbrickner » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:11 pm

1st China threatens to shun our treasuries now Japan looks towards Europe for the same.

In the mean time the stock market continues to reach ALL TIME highs faster than in the past and America is being made GREAT again.

Seems to be a mixed message here. For all the truth that a threat to treasuries is good for PM means PMs are a threat to bad government.

This makes stacking a truly patriotic behavior.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:33 pm

Can someone explain in simple English why Japan would cause PM's to rise. Looked at the link and it wasn't very helpful.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby IdahoCopper » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:01 pm

The Fed relies on treasuries being liquid. When a big player exits that market, big effects can happen. It significantly raises systemic risk.

The entire USD scam can unravel and fail with the tip of a single domimo. Unlikely, but possible. Thus real concern. Silver & gold may increase a bit, soon
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:21 am

Thanks
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby mtalbot_ca » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:30 pm

IdahoCopper wrote:The Fed relies on treasuries being liquid. When a big player exits that market, big effects can happen. It significantly raises systemic risk.

The entire USD scam can unravel and fail with the tip of a single domimo. Unlikely, but possible. Thus real concern. Silver & gold may increase a bit, soon

Do you think inflation may be at play also?
Common sense should prevail if not, misery will.
mtalbot_ca
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:46 pm

Although the federal minimum wage is $7.25, there are 29 states (+ Washington DC) which have higher minimums. Also, some cities and companies such as Walmart and Target have higher minimums.

Those states with minimums of $10 an hour or more...

Maine $10.00
Hawaii, Rhode Island, Connecticut $10.10
Colorado $10.20
Oregon $10.25
New York $10.40
Vermont, Arizona $10.50
California, Massachusetts $11.00
Washington $11.50
Washington DC $12.00

I do think that the increase in wages will ultimately lead to inflation.

Just a random comment (not being pro or con marijuana)- it seems that lots of the states with higher minimum wages have legal marijuana (CO, OR, WA, CA, MA). Maybe I'm missing one or two. (The conspiracy theory side of me is thinking this could be as a result of people saying in a half-kidding way "I'm too broke to be able to afford marijuana.")

Also, all of these are blue states except AZ.

Recyclersteve

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:05 pm

Blue states ... Ding ding ding... That's the connection between both.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions