Irony

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Irony

Postby smalltimeopn » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:38 pm

One of those traveling coin/paper currency buying shows was in the area this week and had been advertising on radio and newspaper. The ads spoke of how Ag and Au were near or above all time highs. I had some paper currency that I had been thinking about selling (to buy more Ag) so I went there today.

When I arrived, there was a line so I took a number and a seat. While I was waiting, a buyer came to the waiting area and reminded folks that they were only buying coins and old paper money. I looked around the room and wondered how those people acquired their coins and why they were selling them for fiat. I overheard one guy say he was going to get a lot of money for what he had.

Anyway, my turn finally came and I did end up selling some of my paper. I did not look around to much in the buying room but I did see one lady unloading quite a few silver dollars. I felt sorry for her.

They printed my check and thanked me and I thanked them and left. When I got to my car, I looked closer at the check and noticed the bank that it was written on - JP Morgan Chase. It's ironic that the largest short position holder on silver is the banker helping remove REAL MONEY from the hands of the people!
smalltimeopn
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Irony

Postby Treetop » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:06 pm

maybe this is how they will cover the short??? lol
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Investin Cents » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:34 am

Ah yes, Chase - the one and only bank that has a swastika as its symbol - kinda says it all, huh??? :evil:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." - JFK - 1962

Current book: American Values - RFK Jr.; Favorite website (other than Realcent): Zerohedge.com; Favorite metals in order: Ag, Au, Pt, CuZn, CuZnSn, Cu, Ni, Al, CuNi and of course Pb encased in Cu [in various forms and sizes :)]
Investin Cents
Penny Pincher Member

Postby barrytrot » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:45 am

But the person you sold to isn't *affiliated* with Chase are they? They just happen to have a bank account there, right? They might be like our members and have 15 bank accounts :)
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby smalltimeopn » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:19 am

barrytrot wrote:But the person you sold to isn't *affiliated* with Chase are they? They just happen to have a bank account there, right? They might be like our members and have 15 bank accounts :)

No, I don't believe they were directly "affiliated" w/ Chase, just using them to bankroll their operation. I did ask the guy if they had been busy this week. He said they had been very busy and had to bring in 2 additional buyers to help. I'm sure it takes quite a bit of electronic capital to keep this going. I guess these guys resell in some cases and melt in other cases.
smalltimeopn
Penny Pincher Member

Postby beauanderos » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:30 pm

I've bought hundreds of their listings on ebay. They sell the old stuff, Barbers, Walkers, Standing Libs, etc but I've never seen them list Mercs, Rosies, Franklins, Kennedy's or Wash. They must sell those to the smelter or an online marketer. They do sell Eagles.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions