Prediction

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Prediction

Postby whatsnext » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:25 am

Within the next 10 years it will be mandated by law that certain possessions have to be sold online.

You will pay
-sell fee
-payment fee
-state tax

possible
-federal tax
-international tax

Anybody see this happening?

-The title of this was always prediction never perdiction.....just saying for no reason (whistles and runs....
Last edited by whatsnext on Mon May 02, 2011 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whatsnext
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Perdiction

Postby barrytrot » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:20 am

You think they want sales to be online? I would think just the opposite as the government does NOT like the anonymous nature the Internet allows (and likely will still allow to some degree within 10 years).
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Treetop » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:32 pm

barrytrot wrote:You think they want sales to be online? I would think just the opposite as the government does NOT like the anonymous nature the Internet allows (and likely will still allow to some degree within 10 years).

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_162- ... 01465.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_162- ... 01465.html
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby theo » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:52 pm

barrytrot wrote:You think they want sales to be online? I would think just the opposite as the government does NOT like the anonymous nature the Internet allows (and likely will still allow to some degree within 10 years).

You can post things online and be relatively anonymous, but if you buy or sell something you have to provide a name, credit card information, mailing address, etc.

whatsnext wrote:Within the next 10 years it will be mandated by law that certain possessions have to be sold online.

You will pay
-sell fee
-payment fee
-state tax

possible
-federal tax
-international tax

Anybody see this happening.

They could try it, but it would difficult to enforce. I think they would more likely eliminate physical money and replace it with a national debit card. It would also be used for internet transactions. Black market transactions would more difficult without a commonly recognized currency.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby didou » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:32 pm

Anonymous ? I'm sorry but nothing you do online is anonymous, i may look like it is but you are more tracked here than in Vegas. There is nothing worst than the internet, period.
Everything you do here is tracked width data to uniquely identify you on multiple level (DNS, ISP, this forum, google, Internet Archive, ...) and recorded for years if not forever. There is log of everything you has done on the internet and by combining them and even removing personal data them you can still track all you do back to the person.

See "AOL release search results" to see how it can come to bite your ass even when the data have been cleaned to remove personal info. There are dozen of others example even for people who never turn a computer on in their life, since everything is stored in a computer connected to the internet these day.

I have to agree with whatsnext, i do not know how much time it will take, but i believe internet will dominate our life and the economy and will be controlled by government because it's so much easier to control/track it here than in real life. The power that be will use every dirty trick they can to purse control over everyone and everything under the sun and it's so much easier with a computer.

Where i live (Canada), employment insurance is only possible by internet now, you can't get it otherwise. If you don't have a computer or internet you can use their to make your demand. They have try several anti-constitutional dirty trick to force people to link their bank account (and to open one for those who don't already have one) with their annual taxes report (transmit on internet) and back off at the last possible second to prevent it from getting to supreme court, unfortunately most people got caught into it before that happen. And it's just the begging.
An individual has rights only as long as he can defend them.
didou
Penny Collector Member

Postby frugalcanuck » Sun May 01, 2011 8:16 pm

I agree with didou. Nothing on the internet is a secret and the government is pushing everything online. No matter who is in power Liberals or Conservatives (Tea Party North) they are all using the novel '1984' as a how to guide and not as a warning.
"The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled. With something so important, a deeper mystery seems only decent." John Kenneth Galbraith 1975
frugalcanuck
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby whatsnext » Sun May 01, 2011 9:50 pm

Theo brought in the elimination of paper money. Yes this is going to happen aswell, but if two parties agree to lie a transaction can still be covered up in person between them.
whatsnext
Penny Pincher Member

Postby rickygee » Mon May 02, 2011 6:59 am

whatsnext wrote:... if two parties agree to lie a transaction can still be covered up in person between them.

Just hope a surveillance camera/microphone isn't witnessing the deal. Both on line btw.

Just noticed this little article on FBI surveillance programs:

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2011/04/CIPAV_Post
rickygee
Penny Collector Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions