QE3 Started Yesterday

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

QE3 Started Yesterday

Postby scrapper2010 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:49 am

Looks like QE3 came through the back door yesterday with Obama authorizing the release of what will end up being 60 million barrels of oil from the emergency reserve. Obviously this will lower the price of oil at least short term but will this effect overall commodity prices?
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: QE3 Started Yesterday

Postby Delawhere Jack » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:50 pm

The real question is, how does this benefit Goldman Sachs?
I've gone Galt. Obama and all the other commie's can kiss my a....
Delawhere Jack
Post Hoarder

Postby coppertone » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:52 pm

Our economies run on money and energy. Cheaper money didn't work, in fact it made energy more expensive. Time to try something else.
coppertone
Penny Pincher Member

Postby fasTT » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:06 am

The problem is that they can not print oil.

All that "strategic" oil must be replaced sometime in the future.
fasTT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Mossy » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:13 am

fasTT wrote:The problem is that they can not print oil.

All that "strategic" oil must be replaced sometime in the future.

Part of how Clinton "balanced the budget". He used up consumables stored for future emergencies.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby avidbrandy » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:52 pm

I thought saudi arabia was going to increase their output by a lot in order to drop the price. I don't see why this is needed at all. Oil prices should drop soon because the sauds want to bankrupt Iran to keep them from obtaining nukes.
avidbrandy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:36 am

It's ridiculous political posturing, and a waste of those reserves in order to release something like 16 hours worth of global consumption. Meaningless. Though it's possible they can actually make money on it by selling high and re-filling the reserves again at a lower price. I think they did that before, so since they have decided to do this I hope they can at least be smart about it.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby whatsnext » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:58 pm

Why not, its not like when a disaster hits and oil is hard to get you will get any of that oil in that type of condition. The popo and plastic people will be driving not us. The oil is ours to begin with and alot of people miss driving around aimlessly give em a break.

I'm pretty sure this oil shortage thing is just an excuse for corprate husks to raise prices and cut quanity so the stockmarket can go up. Gas is high, but people still buy.
whatsnext
Penny Pincher Member

Postby avidbrandy » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:28 pm

Or maybe it's just the wonderful government profiting while the prices are high because they know the barrels have to be replaced later anyway at a lower price. Of course that's just if you take the political motive out of it.
avidbrandy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby whatsnext » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:01 pm

There could be a legitimate low supply flow right now, but business dictates you capitalize as much as possible. Whats good for all big business? raising prices as much as possible and cutting portion.

The price of socks was 10 pairs for 5.50 earlier this year, now 5 pairs for 5.50 b/c cotton went up 5.00 per ton. The cotton in 10 pair of socks is less than a .50 so how did that work? Mister suit says it is b/c cotton went up dramaticly.

Milk that tet, lie like hell

But like most people say after they get one over on you, Nothing personal just business.

With the republican line up this year I think I'm converting to communism.
whatsnext
Penny Pincher Member

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:22 pm

Ron Paul is still calling himself a Republican. Don't like his Constitutionally-based philosophy? Can't be any worse than the 2 party nonsense we have endured since the days of Woodrow Wilson, the puppet of Col. House.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions