Jim Rogers stays long on commodities

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Jim Rogers stays long on commodities

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:53 am

Jim Rogers
Getty Images
Investor Jim Rogers is short Treasurys and long commodities.

“If the world economy gets better, I earn money on commodities. If the global economy gets worse then they will print more money and I will make money in commodities,”

Here is the rest of the story. Enjoy!

http://www.cnbc.com/id/43708130
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Jim Rogers stays long on commodities

Postby Know Common Cents » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:54 am

In talking with the owner of a Midwest coin shop, he said that there's been a new wave of customer coming in to purchase PMs. These aren't the usual hoarders, collectors, PM afficianados, etc., but average Joe and Josephine SixPack who remember hearing something about gold and silver in the past, but never understood why they're important.

The dealer said he and his staff try their best to educate them in the short time available, but also hands out a sheet with assorted web sites they can visit to better educate themselves. He added that he's even told some clueless folks to learn before purchasing. I told him that an educated consumer is a better customer and more likely to come back to the same place that initially helped them.

In addition to the usual PMs, I'm also bullish on copper, sugar, oil and soybeans. Jim Rogers is spot on.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Jim Rogers stays long on commodities

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:55 pm

Know Common Cents wrote:In addition to the usual PMs, I'm also bullish on copper, sugar, oil and soybeans. Jim Rogers is spot on.

Ditto! With some things that go bang and the very precious PMs that fill them.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions