This is who we've raised....

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

This is who we've raised....

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:23 am

This is the generation we've raised (not me personally, TG, but as a country). I have a feeling Judge Judy went back into her chambers and puked her guts out afterwards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7XA2UUpXRk
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: This is who we've raised....

Postby beauanderos » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:41 am

Wow! Wish we could dismiss all similar welfare recipients as easily as she just dismissed that case. Oh... and btw? It's individuals like him who will be roaming the streets... on the day when the have nots determine to take what the haves have.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:06 pm

Bet the judge and bailiff had a good laugh on this one later. :)
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Mike » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:26 pm

When I took my first course in economics back in 76, the professor said on the first day of class that the fundamentals of economics are:

-human wants are insatiable.
-whatever you tax you get less of, and
-whatever you subsidize you get more of.

This Youtube clip is living proof of what the professor said.

And people can't understand why we are bankrupt.
Mike
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Thogey » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:42 pm

I watched about 45 seconds.

Then went and loaded my mossberg 500 with 5 rounds of 00.

I feel better now.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:51 pm

Thogey wrote:I watched about 45 seconds.

I feel better now.

While I had been window shopping for one for some time (and already have a vintage side-by-side), this may be what put me over the edge of decision and caused me to go buy a new 12-ga pump this afternoon.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Thogey » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:55 pm

Bully!
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:59 pm

Now to stock up on 00 buck, to add to the 22LR, 40SW, and 45ACP ammo hoard.
68Camaro

Postby NotABigDeal » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:42 pm

Can't say I'm suprised. Don't get me started....

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal

Postby shinnosuke » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:26 pm

68Camaro wrote:Now to stock up on 00 buck, to add to the 22LR, 40SW, and 45ACP ammo hoard.

I think you need something that will really reach out and touch someone. Like an...
A
R
-
e
t
c
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:08 pm

shinnosuke wrote:
68Camaro wrote:Now to stock up on 00 buck, to add to the 22LR, 40SW, and 45ACP ammo hoard.

I think you need something that will really reach out and touch someone. Like an...
A
R
-
e
t
c

Picked up another 70 pounds of lead for re-loads last Friday. 8-)

My Franchi 20 ga. may be too light, but I am so damn good with it! I can break triples with that little boom stick.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:08 pm

68Camaro wrote:
Thogey wrote:I watched about 45 seconds.

I feel better now.

While I had been window shopping for one for some time (and already have a vintage side-by-side), this may be what put me over the edge of decision and caused me to go buy a new 12-ga pump this afternoon.

I don't have a gun yet. Should I pick up a Glock 17 or a shotgun first? Shotgun recommendations? Mossberg vs Remington? Some other brand? Can I pick up something for around $500?
beauanderos

Postby Thogey » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:18 pm

Get your fat ass to wal-mart and pick up a mossberg 500 or a remington 870.

Then get a 18 inch barrel from cabelas online delivered to you door.

You will be out the door for 400.

Do they allow you to have ammo in CA?
Last edited by Thogey on Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thogey

Postby shinnosuke » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:23 pm

Thogey wrote:Get your fat ass to wal-mart and pick up a mossberg 500 or a remington 870.

Then gat a 18 inch barrel for cabelas online delivered to you door.

You will be out the door for 400.

Or better yet, from a trusted private citizen to eliminate the need for a paper trail.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:02 am

Thogey wrote:Get your fat ass to wal-mart and pick up a mossberg 500 or a remington 870.

No ammo allowed, we just point the gun and yell "BANG" :lol:
beauanderos

Postby beauanderos » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:03 am

After reading half a dozen articles... I'm leaning towards a Mossberg 500. I don't expect to ever have to use it... so why pay three times as much for an 870? :geek:
beauanderos

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:44 am

beauanderos wrote:After reading half a dozen articles... I'm leaning towards a Mossberg 500. I don't expect to ever have to use it... so why pay three times as much for an 870? :geek:

That's why I got the NE H&R Pardner. It effectively IS a 870, for half the price of the Mossberg.
68Camaro

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:48 am

beauanderos wrote:I don't have a gun yet. Should I pick up a Glock 17 or a shotgun first? Shotgun recommendations? Mossberg vs Remington? Some other brand? Can I pick up something for around $500?

I'm not best one to advise on what to get first, but if you're talking strictly home defense I believe I would go with a shotgun, and see my note above. The Pardner is basically a gutted down 870 made by the same company, for barely over $200. Exactly what you need for home defense. The longer barrel models are even cheaper - Gander has the 28 inch model now for $179. The 18-inch is in huge demand now and bringing higher prices. I paid 229.
68Camaro

Postby beauanderos » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:01 am

Sounds like you got a good buy, sufficient for your needs. From the small amount of research I've done so far, it looks like yours is about $20 cheaper than a Mossberg 500.
beauanderos

Postby Rodebaugh » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:15 am

Neither of them are paying rent. :lol:
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Copper Catcher » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:32 am

You can't fix stupid! I think after watching this I am going to throw up....

I say we send him to the E-Waste factory...
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7363
Copper Catcher

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:57 am

beauanderos wrote:I don't have a gun yet. Should I pick up a Glock 17 or a shotgun first? Shotgun recommendations? Mossberg vs Remington? Some other brand? Can I pick up something for around $500?

You have invested thousands into PM's and you don't own a gun?! :shock: I am shaking my head in disbelief!

I am not up on the latest in shotgun/handgun tech, but here is some old time stuff you could look into at gun shows.

Winchester model 12 pump shotgun (if you can find one. It used to be a police favorite) You can hold down the trigger and work the pump action at the same time. It keeps firing until the mag. is empty and will never jamb! It was the shotgun of choice in the movie "The Professionals" with Lee Marvin & Burt Lancaster.

In handguns, I prefer the .45 cal. In self defense cases... by the time you get a weapon drawn, it is a very face to face business. I want something with fast knock-down power.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Copper Catcher » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:18 am

Kel-Tec KSG 14 + 1 Pump Bull-Pup Tactical Shotgun -- If you need more rounds than this you are in more trouble that anyone can get out of... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPliHk1sLkw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi0OWQCkcVc
Copper Catcher

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:41 am

beauanderos wrote:Sounds like you got a good buy, sufficient for your needs. From the small amount of research I've done so far, it looks like yours is about $20 cheaper than a Mossberg 500.

If you can get a Mossberg 500 for that, go for it. They are about $80 more here, and that's not enough different to make an internet sale cost effective.
68Camaro

Postby NotABigDeal » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:51 pm

Copper Catcher wrote:Kel-Tec KSG 14 + 1 Pump Bull-Pup Tactical Shotgun -- If you need more rounds than this you are in more trouble that anyone can get out of... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPliHk1sLkw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi0OWQCkcVc

At the SHOT show earlier this year I got to check one out. Pretty freaking sweet. They are not readily available yet. Last year they had the PMR30. Wasn't released until late in the year. It was pretty cool to play with though. No I didn't get to shot it. Their booth was probably one of the busiest at the show.

On the shotgun subject, I have a Mossberg 500 for the bedside. Loaded with Centurion Multi-Defence Buck. One .65 caliber round ball with six #1 buckshot pellets behind it. There is no racking of the slide warning in our house....

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal

Next

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions