Thu evening comments from Jim Sinclair

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Thu evening comments from Jim Sinclair

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:36 am

Note below that he says to "cease trading", not buying. The audience of that comment is, I believe, people trading on volatility - day traders, etc.

Dear Friends, I am in London this evening in my room posting as much serious material as possible to help you understand the new nature of gold; a nature fraught with unprecedented volatility. I will deliver my presentation tomorrow. Right now we have to talk.

Gold from $248 to $524.90 was an arithmetic uptrend based on a re-birthing of gold's currency roll.

When gold broke out above $524.90 I asked you to please cease trading as gold had moved from phase 1 into a runaway price phase 2. It is this phase which has given you prices in excess of $1650.

$1764 has the same significance as $524.90 because it represents phase 3, the point when a runaway price market for gold would gain exponential properties.

Because $1764 is such significant a number you can expect one of the more serious price battles before the price departs to Alf Fields' and Martin Armstrong's higher potentials.

To sum up the situation you haven't seen anything yet.

As strange as it sounds right now, soon you will begin to see the bearish cabal on mining shares looking for cover where gold will be sold for correct precious metals shares.

Keep the faith. $1650 has been the minimum upside since $248, not the most likely top.

Respectfully,
Jim Sinclair
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Thu evening comments from Jim Sinclair

Postby beauanderos » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:54 am

"As strange as it sounds right now, soon you will begin to see the bearish cabal on mining shares looking for cover where gold will be sold for correct precious metals shares." Not sure what he is trying to say here? That, soon, properly priced gold will favorably impact gold mining shares and cause them to trade at their true valuations?? Seems like his comment is an incomplete thought.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Re: Thu evening comments from Jim Sinclair

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:02 am

beauanderos wrote:"As strange as it sounds right now, soon you will begin to see the bearish cabal on mining shares looking for cover where gold will be sold for correct precious metals shares." Not sure what he is trying to say here? That, soon, properly priced gold will favorably impact gold mining shares and cause them to trade at their true valuations?? Seems like his comment is an incomplete thought.

I don't know specifically what he meant by "...where gold will be sold for correct precious metals shares." but if mining bears are looking for cover, is he saying they will be selling physical gold to cover their mining shorts? Not sure. Agree it seems like he was typing too fast, edit (or lack of edit) error, etc. The first part seems clear. I'll see if I can find a follow-up. If you find one, please post it here.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions