The tea party did it

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

The tea party did it

Postby Treetop » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:50 am

Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Re: The tea party did it

Postby franklin » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:58 am

I am convinced the liberals subscribe to some service which gives them their talking points for that particular day. They nearly all say exactly the same thing, down to the exact wording. It continues to amaze me at how a conservative group of representatives of our citizenry are hammered for trying to point out the past and present folly of our government's spending. Since the conservatives represent their respective geographical areas, why don't Kerry, Axelrod, et al. just call out the Americans who elected them? They don't have the backbone!
franklin
Penny Collector Member

Postby Doctor Steuss » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:03 pm

franklin wrote:I am convinced the liberals subscribe to some service which gives them their talking points for that particular day. They nearly all say exactly the same thing, down to the exact wording. It continues to amaze me at how a conservative group of representatives of our citizenry are hammered for trying to point out the past and present folly of our government's spending. Since the conservatives represent their respective geographical areas, why don't Kerry, Axelrod, et al. just call out the Americans who elected them? They don't have the backbone!

"Deferential, glad to be of use, Politic, cautious, and meticulous; Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse; At times, indeed, almost ridiculous— Almost, at times, the Fool." ~Eliot
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby NHsorter » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:06 pm

Doctor Steuss wrote:
franklin wrote:I am convinced the liberals subscribe to some service which gives them their talking points for that particular day. They nearly all say exactly the same thing, down to the exact wording. It continues to amaze me at how a conservative group of representatives of our citizenry are hammered for trying to point out the past and present folly of our government's spending. Since the conservatives represent their respective geographical areas, why don't Kerry, Axelrod, et al. just call out the Americans who elected them? They don't have the backbone!

The problem with this illustration is that it is showing the poop coming out of their behinds when in fact it is coming out of their mouths.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Lemon Thrower » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:19 pm

Rush Limbaugh had an audio montage of the Democrat talking points a few years back. I think this was when W was running for president and i still gave a darn about policits. He simply recorded the democrat talking heads on the sunday political shows and they all used the same words. iirc, they all said W didn't have the "gravitas" to be president. you could tell they were all speaking from the same playbook because most people don't use the word "gravitas".
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:22 pm

Lemon Thrower wrote:Rush Limbaugh had an audio montage of the Democrat talking points a few years back. I think this was when W was running for president and i still gave a darn about policits. He simply recorded the democrat talking heads on the sunday political shows and they all used the same words. iirc, they all said W didn't have the "gravitas" to be president. you could tell they were all speaking from the same playbook because most people don't use the word "gravitas".

well actually Ive seen the same thing done about the right as well. seems rather clear to me both sides are programmed against eachother, furthering the natural divide that already existed....

but dang this piece i linked just goes into the twilight zone level.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Tourney64 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:42 pm

Who in the heck even gives a crap about the ultraliberal DailyKos?
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby scrapper2010 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:16 pm

If liberals are now doing this all I can say is it's about time. It's often said getting Dems on the same page is like trying to herd cats. The Republicans marched in perfect lockstep from '01-08.
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Mossy » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:34 pm

franklin wrote:I am convinced the liberals subscribe to some service which gives them their talking points for that particular day.

Look up "JournOlist". A bunch of reporters got together to cooperate on what they were going to say and who to attack, etc.

But, yes, "Talking points" bullitens do come out. They were faxed, up until a few years ago, possibly to avoid them being forewarded by email.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:38 pm

I would comment about what political hacks the Daily Kos is, but why bother. Gotta keep working to pay my "unfair" level of taxation while I continue to carry over 50% of all American leeches who pay no taxes whatsoever.

And Kerry? It amazes me he ever got elected in the first place. Read "Unfit for Command". I was around when that sh!t went down and the book is accurate. Read it.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Mossy » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:24 pm

I'm amazed the Republicans never dug into his military record. There is pretty good reason to believe he had a dishonorable discharge for treasonous actions that was changed to honorable discharge by Carter. If you check into that, the "aid and comfort" to the North Vietnamese disqualifies him for President, and perhaps Congress, and only Congress (not the President) can set that aside.

I'm also amazed that the Republicans never dug into Zero's back ground.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby slow to learn » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:06 pm

slow to learn

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:39 am

Treetop wrote:
Lemon Thrower wrote:Rush Limbaugh had an audio montage of the Democrat talking points a few years back. I think this was when W was running for president and i still gave a darn about policits. He simply recorded the democrat talking heads on the sunday political shows and they all used the same words. iirc, they all said W didn't have the "gravitas" to be president. you could tell they were all speaking from the same playbook because most people don't use the word "gravitas".

well actually Ive seen the same thing done about the right as well. seems rather clear to me both sides are programmed against eachother, furthering the natural divide that already existed....

but dang this piece i linked just goes into the twilight zone level.

The psychological warfare tactics of the left are indeed mind-numbing. It is downright scary to listen to the far left fringe because they actually believe this lunacy!
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Mossy » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:02 pm

Treetop wrote: well actually Ive seen the same thing done about the right as well. seems rather clear to me both sides are programmed against eachother, furthering the natural divide that already existed....

"If they can get you asking the wrong question, the answers don't matter", Thomas Pychon

Treetop wrote:but dang this piece i linked just goes into the twilight zone level.

"KOS"? Yup. Twilight zone on acid.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby IdahoCopper » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:32 pm

What I have observed is this:

In communities with a Democrat majority, the media is slightly biased towards Republicans.
In communities with a Republican majority, the media is slightly biased towards Democrats.

The reason for this is to bring both sides to the middle, where there is deadlock, and it is easiest to manipulate the outcome. If it only takes 1, or 10, or 100 votes to change the outcome, this is the logical strategy to control the vote, with minimum obvious corruption.

Stalin said, " It is not the vote that counts, it is who counts the vote that is important."
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby Corsair » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:40 pm

IdahoCopper wrote:Stalin said, " It is not the vote that counts, it is who counts the vote that is important."

I play a lot of cards with my grandparents. My grandpa always takes the burden of keeping score. When I was young, it seemed like a hassle to me, and I asked him why. He said, "If you're keeping score and you lose, it's your own fault."
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:32 pm

How is this the neo tea parties fault?
:roll:
Ancora Imparo

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:55 am

IdahoCopper wrote:What I have observed is this:

In communities with a Democrat majority, the media is slightly biased towards Republicans.
In communities with a Republican majority, the media is slightly biased towards Democrats.

The reason for this is to bring both sides to the middle, where there is deadlock, and it is easiest to manipulate the outcome. If it only takes 1, or 10, or 100 votes to change the outcome, this is the logical strategy to control the vote, with minimum obvious corruption.

Stalin said, " It is not the vote that counts, it is who counts the vote that is important."

Agree.
Ancora Imparo

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby Mossy » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:48 pm

John_doe wrote:How is this the neo tea parties fault?
:roll:

No one has come up with a good rationalization, but it just has to be the Tea Party, somehow. After all, we disagree with our intellectual superiors and dare to question running up the debt (and inflation).
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Thogey » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:54 pm

Serious question,

What is Tea Party? If it's like christian right, they can pound sand.

If it's plain old 'just please leave me alone' that's something I can support.

The tea party people I've met personally are very high strung and annoying.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Mossy » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:31 pm

Nope. Not a Christian movement, like the Moral Majority was. Most are more the "leave my wallet alone" type.

I think most would fit right in here.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:11 pm

Thogey wrote:Serious question,

What is Tea Party? If it's like christian right, they can pound sand.

If it's plain old 'just please leave me alone' that's something I can support.

The tea party people I've met personally are very high strung and annoying.

"TEA" Party stands for Taxed Enough Already!

What I have been involved in are with people who do not want BIG government like they have in Europe. TEA Partiers want to restore our Republic to the sound monetary science we had after the adoption of the Constitution ratified in 1789. They want stable money like we had in the Coin Act of 1792(?).

The TEA Party is about L I B E R T Y. LIBERTY is a rare concept amongst the governments in the history of the world. Liberty is permission from the state (gov.) to have Freedom. We have the freedom to choose how we live, the freedom to fail and then try again. TEA Partiers see that Liberty and Freedom slipping away and want to stop it.

They are very much against Obamacare.

I hope I have not annoyed you. :mrgreen:
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:23 pm

Well that sounds like a good deal.

The gov needs to just stay away. If they don't bug me i won't bug them.

I also don't want a bunch of right wing zelot's preaching to the 'common man'.

Please don't provide help or influence. If that's tea party, then I'm in support.

As far as Taxes, please just make it easy, and cheap. As far as my insurance bills, Is the tea party in favor of hanging all the lawyers?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:22 am

Thogey wrote:Well that sounds like a good deal.

The gov needs to just stay away. If they don't bug me i won't bug them.

I also don't want a bunch of right wing zelot's preaching to the 'common man'.

Please don't provide help or influence. If that's tea party, then I'm in support.

As far as Taxes, please just make it easy, and cheap. As far as my insurance bills, Is the tea party in favor of hanging all the lawyers?

Well, no one is perfect. The TEA Party isn't perfect, either. It is so loosely organized right now that anyone can open up a web-site and spout anything they want, so you are going to hear all kinds of stuff. Some of which I don't agree with myself.

If someone tells you they are the OFFICIAL LEADER of the TEA Party, that is a sure sign they are not for the TEA Party has yet to hold a convention and elect leaders. We shall see in the coming days if House Speaker, John Boehner, can hold the co-op of Repubs. and TEA's together. It doesn't sound like it to me.

For me, the personification of a TEA Party person is Ron Paul. You can go to his web-site and get a good idea of what the TEA Party is all about.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:47 am

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote: For me, the personification of a TEA Party person is Ron Paul. You can go to his web-site and get a good idea of what the TEA Party is all about.

Yesterday I was dumping some coins at my credit union (near 1604 & I-10 by The Rim shopping center (for Chris and avidbrandy)) when I saw a guy picking up some halves. I had seen him before and decided to talk to him this time if the opportunity presented itself. He was still in the parking lot when I went out. We talked about how hard it is to find silver in the wild. The conversation moved on to The Fed and Ron Paul. It's nice to find other like-minded people in the wild. I invited him to join realcent...about 4 times. Go Ron Paul. Clone Ron Paul.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions