Warren Buffet to Invest $5 Billion in B of A

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Warren Buffet to Invest $5 Billion in B of A

Postby Know Common Cents » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:18 am

So..........Warren Buffet is going to invest $5 billion in an attempt to salvage Bank of America. Is this guy an imbicile or a savior?

Remember, this is the guy who's offered to pay lots more in taxes and even met with Obama this week to share his economic ideas with El Presidente.

http://news.yahoo.com/warren-buffett-invest-5-billion-bank-america-132343764.html

This joker is getting senile and should be delegated to a comfortable rocking chair and a daily handful of Prozac.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Warren Buffet to Invest $5 Billion in B of A

Postby AGCoinHunter » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:23 am

Bet someone forced him to "bail out" BOA. Knew they couldnt force this one down the taxpayers throat. Eventually it will be though. BOA is DOA. Old Warren is pony-ing up some of that money he was saying that rich people should be paying in taxes. We all know how this will end. BOA gets split up from Countrywide who the tax payers will fund. The bank will now belong to Buffet who will require taxpayers via QE XXX to provide liquidity while he redeems his perfered shares and leaves us all holding the bag. TBTF
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby scrapper2010 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:16 pm

Know Common Cents wrote:This joker is getting senile and should be delegated to a comfortable rocking chair and a daily handful of Prozac.

Apparently he made over a billion dollars on the deal a few hours after the markets opened. Not too bad for senile old man.
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby PennyBoy » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:16 pm

scrapper2010 wrote:
Know Common Cents wrote:This joker is getting senile and should be delegated to a comfortable rocking chair and a daily handful of Prozac.

Apparently he made over a billion dollars on the deal a few hours after the markets opened. Not too bad for senile old man.

I think the final tally was "only" $357 million. Poor guy. :cry:
When people lose everything, and have nothing left to lose, they lose it.-Gerald Celente

My feedback: http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=8534

Happiness is the key to success.
PennyBoy
Penny Collector Member

Postby Know Common Cents » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:37 am

The kickstart to B of A stock seems to have cratered as all bank stocks were down hard yesterday with the horrible jobs number. B of A is back to the point where Mr. Buffet intervened with his fat wallet. I still say that Buffet's credibility as an investor is on the rocks.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions