Raise your hand if....

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Raise your hand if....

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:27 pm

Raise your hand if you think your wife has a big Bootay!

Is it photo-shopped?? Who cares! :lol: How many other "Raise your hand if's..." are there out there? Come on everybody!
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Raise your hand if....

Postby Delawhere Jack » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:33 pm

"Raise your hand if you in way over your head."
I've gone Galt. Obama and all the other commie's can kiss my a....
Delawhere Jack
Post Hoarder

Postby NHsorter » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:03 pm

Raise your hand if your wife can kick your ass.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:51 pm

Raise you hand if you just swallowed a UN issued condom.

Raise you hand if this looks like a good place to pull the pin on a hand grenade.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Thogey » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:55 pm

Did he just back hand the dude behind him. "shut up white boy, befo I bich smack you"
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:48 pm

You know... I now have second thoughts about posting this thread. After all, this is a coin and precious metals blog, not a site for lampooning our elected leaders, such as the POTUS. We all should try to encourage everyone of every political persuasion to feel included in this august body of coin hoarders. We don't want to hurt anyone's self-esteem, now do we? Let's all place our hands on our computer screens and sing "You are my sunshine".

Raise your hand if there's a beach in Hawaii you can't wait to retire to! :P :mrgreen:
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby fb101 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:42 pm

Hows that go? You are my goldmine, my..........
fb101

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:19 pm

fb101 wrote:Hows that go? You are my goldmine, my..........

:lol: :lol: 8-)
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:23 am

Raise your hand if you don't understand what everybody else is laughing about.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:24 am

Thogey wrote:Did he just back hand the dude behind him. "shut up white boy, befo I bich smack you"

The, uh, gentleman standing behind the hand of Zero is of Oriental descent, not a "white boy."
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:25 am

Raise your hand if you remember all the words to, "I'd like to buy the world a Coke."
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:26 am

Raise your hand if you showed your true allegience when you bowed to the King of the House of Saud.
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby theo » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:42 am

Raise your hand if the ghost of Ronald Reagan is standing two rows behind you.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby John_doe » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:08 am

Opposite day.......everyone raise your hand.

Fail.
Ancora Imparo

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:11 am

shinnosuke wrote:
Thogey wrote:Did he just back hand the dude behind him. "shut up white boy, befo I bich smack you"

The, uh, gentleman standing behind the hand of Zero is of Oriental descent, not a "white boy."

That is the President of Mongolia. He would be really pissed if he found out you called him a white boy. :P
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:25 am

John_doe wrote:Opposite day.......everyone raise your hand.

Fail.

Obama supporters can chime in too, ya know. Someone could say something like:

Raise your hand if you really dig Keynesian Economics!
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby AGCoinHunter » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:00 am

Too many things to say about this turd. Most are inappropriate for this site.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Merwanseth » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:51 am

I am very saddened and disappointed to see this topic appear on Realcent. I would be equally disappointed if the main focus of this topic were George Bush or Ronald Reagan.

I respect anyone who posts a topic describing some pertinent issue (like the economy, coins, bullion, etc.). And they then choose to adamantly disagree with how a person, organization or politician appears to be dealing with that issue. That is fair game, and should be discussed at Realcent, because it will offer its participants and readers some insight.

I think it's unfortunate when appropriate disagreement with someone's policy is then degraded and cheapened into junior high school name calling.

I have either been a lurker or a member at Realcent for a few years. I have enjoyed and appreciated the mix of views and topics presented by Realcent members. I have learned a lot, and in some cases, my own personal thoughts concerning some important issues have been changed or clarified by what I have read here.

I have been around Realcent long enough to not let this particular topic turn me off to the value of Realcent. And I hope to continue to contribute in a responsible and honorable way. But I wonder about those new lurkers and new Realcent members who may be horrified with the personal attacks and insults they might read about if this type of topic is condoned and becomes more common at Realcent...

There are legitimate times to have fun and joke around. What kind of a message does Realcent want to send out to cyberspace...?
Merwanseth
Penny Sorter Member

Postby NHsorter » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:29 am

I think that you are too easily offended. Lighten up. This is all in good fun.

The man deserves ridicule. He is in over his head. Our government is a disaster. If your complaint is a right vs left one then post up a stupid pic of W and I will make fun of him as well. He deserves it too.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Mossy » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:13 am

Merwanseth wrote:There are legitimate times to have fun and joke around. What kind of a message does Realcent want to send out to cyberspace...?

This thread should have been in "Members only, General Discussion".

However, he is a valid target of humor due to his efforts to further destroy the national and global economy. His present treatment is far kinder than he deserves, IMO.

As for those who are offended, I do not recall any of them speaking up online when Bush was being slammed. My sympathy is strictly limited, and highly sceptical.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby AGCoinHunter » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:26 pm

Merwanseth wrote:I am very saddened and disappointed to see this topic appear on Realcent. I would be equally disappointed if the main focus of this topic were George Bush or Ronald Reagan.

I respect anyone who posts a topic describing some pertinent issue (like the economy, coins, bullion, etc.). And they then choose to adamantly disagree with how a person, organization or politician appears to be dealing with that issue. That is fair game, and should be discussed at Realcent, because it will offer its participants and readers some insight.

I think it's unfortunate when appropriate disagreement with someone's policy is then degraded and cheapened into junior high school name calling.

I have either been a lurker or a member at Realcent for a few years. I have enjoyed and appreciated the mix of views and topics presented by Realcent members. I have learned a lot, and in some cases, my own personal thoughts concerning some important issues have been changed or clarified by what I have read here.

I have been around Realcent long enough to not let this particular topic turn me off to the value of Realcent. And I hope to continue to contribute in a responsible and honorable way. But I wonder about those new lurkers and new Realcent members who may be horrified with the personal attacks and insults they might read about if this type of topic is condoned and becomes more common at Realcent...

There are legitimate times to have fun and joke around. What kind of a message does Realcent want to send out to cyberspace...?

No offense, but I really dont care what you or others in "cyberspace" think. This man is a disgrace to everything American, or maybe just a fine representation of the direction our country is headed.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby theo » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:33 pm

I do agree that, as a rule, we should avoid personal attacks. Although a few posts on this thread went over the line, I've seen much much worse elsewhere. Although, I don't do a lot of it myself, I believe criticizing his policies and bewildering mistakes is fair game.

On another note, I'm embarrassed to say that I recognize very few of the individuals in the photo. For example who is the smiling 30-something lady to Obama's above left (next to "Reagan")?
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Thogey » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:45 pm

I apologize for calling the president (oriental descent) of Mongolia a "white boy". That insult was uncalled for, and the assumption I made reveals my disposition to pre-judge. I can now see he is Asian. I apologize to all Real-Centers of Mongolian descent and the peoples of central Asia.

I could not see the honorable president of Mongolia's face because some idiot was blocking the picture with his big, boney hand.

The man looks like a complete clown in this picture, a total yahoo. But I'm sure he's doing his best, which is nothing to brag about. I'd take Bill Clinton back for the next 100 years rather than BHO for 1 more nano second.
Last edited by Thogey on Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thogey

Postby NHsorter » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:55 pm

theo wrote: For example who is the smiling 30-something lady to Obama's above left (next to "Reagan")?

I second you curiosity as to who that fine lady is. I would really like to know her.

Thogey wrote:I apologize for calling the president (oriental descent) of Mongolia a "white boy". That insult was uncalled for, and the assumption I made reveals my disposition to pre-judge. I can now see he is Asian. I apologize the all Real-Centers of Mongolian descent and the peoples of central Asia.

I could not see the honorable president of Mongolia's face because some idiot was blocking the picture with his big, boney hand.

The man looks like a complete clown in this picture, a total yahoo. But I'm sure he's doing his best, which is nothing to brag about. I'd take Bill Clinton back for the next 100 years rather than BHO for 1 more nano second.

:lol: awesome
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Delawhere Jack » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:58 pm

Raise your hand if you are a head of state....... Ok, Barry, this is a photo of the limo drivers, could you place step out.
I've gone Galt. Obama and all the other commie's can kiss my a....
Delawhere Jack
Post Hoarder

Next

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions