Ron Paul to propose $1T in specific budget cuts

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Ron Paul to propose $1T in specific budget cuts

Postby natsb88 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:51 pm

Ron Paul’s opinions about cutting the budget are well-known, but on Monday, he got specific: the Texas congressman laid out a budget blueprint for deep and far-reaching cuts to federal spending, including the elimination of five cabinet-level departments and the drawdown of American troops fighting overseas.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/66114.html
natsb88
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Ron Paul to propose $1T in specific budget cuts

Postby natsb88 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:13 pm

natsb88

Postby uthminsta » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:14 pm

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!!!
10:26 into the video, the INTRODUCTION finally starts. Ron starts talking after 11 minutes into the video!!!
What the flip? Why was the camera even ON for the first 1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...yawn... 10-plus minutes of this video? It would take the poster... about eight extra seconds to cut it off. And yet I watched it, because I didn't want to miss something. Watch at 8:20 through 8:40 where they take an old lady from the front row and switch her with a young lady in a short skirt. Better for the cameras... SERIOUSLY? At 9:55 the boy in the front row drops his sign and tries to hand it to someone else. They don't take it... Better for the cameras?????????
uthminsta

Postby aloneibreak » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:05 pm

well the article was definately worth a read - thanks for posting

im a fan of dr. paul , but i cant help thinking his ideas sound too good to be true :)

i try to spread his message everywhere i can but most people write him off, just like the MSM has

he gets no coverage at all - not even negative coverage :lol:

must mean he's got somebody worried...
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby morris14ccm » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:42 pm

uthminsta wrote:DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!!!
10:26 into the video, the INTRODUCTION finally starts. Ron starts talking after 11 minutes into the video!!!
What the flip? Why was the camera even ON for the first 1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...yawn... 10-plus minutes of this video? It would take the poster... about eight extra seconds to cut it off. And yet I watched it, because I didn't want to miss something. Watch at 8:20 through 8:40 where they take an old lady from the front row and switch her with a young lady in a short skirt. Better for the cameras... SERIOUSLY? At 9:55 the boy in the front row drops his sign and tries to hand it to someone else. They don't take it... Better for the cameras?????????

None of that happened. Ron Paul starts talking 44 seconds into the video. What are you talking about?
morris14ccm
Penny Sorter Member

Postby natsb88 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:41 pm

The video has been fixed, they originally put the raw footage up which had a bunch of dead time at the beginning. Even then I couldn't find either of the incidents uthminsta referenced though, at the times he mentioned or anywhere else :?
natsb88

Postby Hawkeye » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:14 pm

Awesome. Simply awesome.

"Appearing on CNN ahead of the speech, Paul was pressed by Wolf Blitzer on how eliminating about 221,000 government jobs across five cabinet departments would boost the economy. He responded: “They’re not productive jobs,” he said.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/10 ... z1bZhqL0Fh
"

Great line.

the campaign says that plan “honors our promise to our seniors and veterans, while allowing young workers to opt out.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/10 ... z1bZi80Ckz

A chance that I could opt out of Social Insecurity? I want to hug my laptop.
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions