Good laugh over thanks giving.

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

Good laugh over thanks giving.

Postby alpacafarmer » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:33 pm

Over Thanks Giving my wife's cousin decided it was time for him to exercise his 2nd amendment right and bought his first gun at a black friday sale. His wife was not to excited by the idea but finally gave him the go ahead. He bought a short barreled 12 gauge pump with an extra gun lock. When he showed it to me I asked him what kind of ammo he bought for it. He let me know his wife drew the line at him buying any ammo. I suggested he take the gun and 2 locks back and get a baseball bat as it would be much more useful for home defense than gun with 2 locks and no ammo.

Even if you are on the right track you will get run over if you just sit there.
alpacafarmer
Penny Collector Member

Re: Good laugh over thanks giving.

Postby fasteddy » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:03 pm

yep i am laughing out loud.... :lol:
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby DRP270 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:04 pm

Tell him to buy ammo on the sly. It is cheap does not take much storage. The 12 gauge is a great all purpose gun. My wife is somewhat similar except she tolerates me keeping hunting guns and loads. One time when we did have an incident at the house she was pushing me to get a gun out. No complaints since then.
DRP270
Penny Pincher Member

Postby NHsorter » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:47 pm

Great story. So true when you told him that he is better off with a bat! Well, if it's a pump, then maybe the sound would get someone to book it. How do they know there is no ammo?
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby fb101 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:51 pm

Now that there's funny!
fb101
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Mossy » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:44 pm

I'm just shaking my head. That's like a car without tires or a flashlight without batteries.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Nacinator » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:51 am

Where does he put his purse when he goes to work. I spit coffee all over the car
Nacinator
Penny Sorter Member

Postby alpacafarmer » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:46 am

Nacinator wrote:Where does he put his purse when he goes to work. I spit coffee all over the car

He hangs his purse on the fireplace mantel right below the jar his wife keeps his testicals in.
alpacafarmer
Penny Collector Member

Postby AGCoinHunter » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:00 am

I can relate, my wife hates guns. But at some point you got to man up. I will be adding a few guns to my arsenal as soon as the Xmas bonus comes in.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby alpacafarmer » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:14 am

AGCoinHunter wrote:I can relate, my wife hates guns. But at some point you got to man up. I will be adding a few guns to my arsenal as soon as the Xmas bonus comes in.

My wife wasn't to happy about my guns when we got married but after 26 years she is pretty good now. I had to laugh when we where watching Pawn Stars one night and they where trying to buy a 30mm gatling gun and my wife said "OH we need to get one of those" her excitement quickly died when the guy told the $65,000 asking price.
alpacafarmer
Penny Collector Member

Postby Treetop » Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:36 am

WOW, just WOW.....

There was a time my wife was like this to. Until one day when we were at our rural land 40 miles from town and a whole mob of sheriffs show up. They wanted our IDs etc. they looked at them, and just started to leave. So I asked what the deal was. It turns out some fool had found some rural home with an old lady, killed her and lived there until the food ran out. they were pretty sure he was somewhere within the "mountains: granted this is a few hundred square mile area they referred to, with dirt roads and trails all over.

We had seen that someone had went to our land and looked around to, before we got there.

Up until that point the best my wife would let me do without using said weapons on ME was a co2 bb gun, and a machete. :shock:

After that though, she let me load up. Still took awhile to get where i am now. im pretty well stocked now, and have something for most any situation. In this state your vehicle is an extension of your home, so except when actually in a store or something their is always a weapon close by. I never grew up with gns, but i must say I do sleep a bit better knowing I will almost always be ready should some nut confront me. unfortunately I have had to use the threat of force on one occasion, but its not a story for a forum like this.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Nickelless » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:37 pm

My fiancee knows I have multiple guns (she doesn't know about all of them at this point), but her most recent bit of unease came a few days ago when she saw a portion of my ammo as I was moving it to a new storage area in the homestead. It's going to be an ongoing but necessary project in acclimating her to the necessity of having weapons (and ammo) at multiple places around the property.

Thanks for the laugh, Alpacafarmer. I hope your wife's cousin is able to stock up on a few rounds soon. :)
Nickelless

Postby Hawkeye » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:12 am

That is classic! I guess I'm a lucky one. My wife bought me that type of gun as a wedding gift. :)
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Tourney64 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:51 am

Funny story on the shotgun with no ammo. I would buy the ammo while you still can.

While in Texas I finally got my wife to go to the range with my dad. The place was packed and we waited about an hour. Got the wife all set up and fires at the target and hits it. She then calls it quits after 1 shot. She said she didn't feel she could shoot at the person in the target, and I pointed out they are pointing a gun at you. She said maybe next time she will feel better when she goes. Waited 1 hour and paid $17 for the target, shooting range fees to shoot 1 bullet.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:12 am

Tourney64 wrote:Funny story on the shotgun with no ammo. I would buy the ammo while you still can.

While in Texas I finally got my wife to go to the range with my dad. The place was packed and we waited about an hour. Got the wife all set up and fires at the target and hits it. She then calls it quits after 1 shot. She said she didn't feel she could shoot at the person in the target, and I pointed out they are pointing a gun at you. She said maybe next time she will feel better when she goes. Waited 1 hour and paid $17 for the target, shooting range fees to shoot 1 bullet.

Might have been worth the money to learn this could prove a problem in the future, if she's the one nearer the gun if a home invasion ever occurs. Hope that never happens.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Tourney64 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:23 am

beauanderos wrote:
Might have been worth the money to learn this could prove a problem in the future, if she's the one nearer the gun if a home invasion ever occurs. Hope that never happens.

Good point. We may be doing some target practice on Father in laws 40 acres in Southern Illinois the next time we go down there. It's a different environment than a very crowded and noisy shooting range.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby Mossy » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:52 pm

Women are less likely to injure someone to protect themselves, and more likely to injure someone to protect their children. (shrug).
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About