Study: Distrust Of Government A Mental Disorder

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

Study: Distrust Of Government A Mental Disorder

Postby Z00 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:14 pm

http://www.breitbart.tv/study-distrust- ... witterfeed

HMMMMMMMMM....

AGP (Anti-Government Phobia)
5%? I don't think so. What is the percentage of people who feel the Govt. is on the wrong track?
“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.” ― Mark Twain

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- opening lines of 101 Things To Do 'Til The Revolution by Claire Wolfe
Z00
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Study: Distrust Of Government A Mental Disorder

Postby Engineer » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:17 pm

The key was in one of the comments to the story. Once you have a recognized "mental disorder", they can strip your second amendment rights.

I trust the government...and my stockbroker...and my used car salesman...
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Z00 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:41 pm

I guess all those folks back in 1776 were suffering from a mental disorder when they didn't trust the ole King and his cronies.
Maybe we have been living in someones delusion for over 200 years.
“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.” ― Mark Twain

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- opening lines of 101 Things To Do 'Til The Revolution by Claire Wolfe
Z00
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby mbailey1234 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:25 pm

How do I commit myself and where do I go? Sounds like I have some issues! :D

Wonder what they serve for lunch? :lol:

At this point it does seem pretty ridiculous but at the rate we are dropping off the cliff nothing would surprise me.
mbailey1234
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Mossy » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:34 pm

I think another article called "shyness" a mental disorder as well.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby fb101 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:38 pm

Z00 wrote:I guess all those folks back in 1776 were suffering from a mental disorder when they didn't trust the ole King and his cronies.
Maybe we have been living in someones delusion for over 200 years.

Yes! That is correct.
We should all immediately submit to her majesty!
fb101
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Engineer » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:00 pm

I think we need to separate out the difference between government and politicians. Without getting into the federal government, I'll put it at its most basic level and consider the city government. As a whole, I trust my city government but I don't trust some of the power hungry people who aspire to control it. Being more of a libertarian, I'd like to see a reluctant mayor dragged kicking and screaming into office with a pledge to veto every spending increase brought before him. What I absolutely don't want is some do-gooder who volunteers to serve with promises to raise my taxes to build a new police station, schools, and buy a $50K electric car as part of her green initiative.

The federal government is a whole 'nother animal. Since politicians at that level control our money supply, those offices seem to attract the absolute worst of the scoundrels who should never be empowered to act unilaterally.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby smallchange » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:42 am

This is 100% hoax story in my opinion or was supposed to be satire, and likely got misinterpreted and passed along.

This study was supposedly conducted by Ivor E. Tower, MD (hint: Ivory Tower), and appeared in Volume 11, series 3, pp. 4-5

Volume 11 was released a very long time ago. Current volumes are over 70.
Here is volume 73 Jan 2012
http://www.psychiatrist.com/pastppp/tocnow.asp
smallchange
Penny Pincher Member

Postby frugalcanuck » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:45 pm

good call smallchange
"The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled. With something so important, a deeper mystery seems only decent." John Kenneth Galbraith 1975
frugalcanuck
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby getdong » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:35 am

Z00 wrote:http://www.breitbart.tv/study-distrust-of-government-a-mental-disorder/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

HMMMMMMMMM....

AGP (Anti-Government Phobia)
5%? I don't think so. What is the percentage of people who feel the Govt. is on the wrong track?

Didn't read the link but I'm going to guess this was a government study lol
getdong
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Delawhere Jack » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:57 pm

WOOOWHOO!!! Now I'll be eligable for CRAZY CHECKS!!!!! :shock:
I've gone Galt. Obama and all the other commie's can kiss my a....
Delawhere Jack
Post Hoarder

Postby Delawhere Jack » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:05 pm

smallchange wrote:This is 100% hoax story in my opinion or was supposed to be satire, and likely got misinterpreted and passed along.

This study was supposedly conducted by Ivor E. Tower, MD (hint: Ivory Tower), and appeared in Volume 11, series 3, pp. 4-5

Volume 11 was released a very long time ago. Current volumes are over 70.
Here is volume 73 Jan 2012
http://www.psychiatrist.com/pastppp/tocnow.asp

I've watched the video, and read the comments. I see no reference to the supposedly fictious author, or the Vol / series where the article was published.

Yer won a dem gubbernint trolls, aintcha! :evil:
I've gone Galt. Obama and all the other commie's can kiss my a....
Delawhere Jack
Post Hoarder

Postby smallchange » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:02 am

The video never mentions the author, you are right. The video never mentions the study, you are right.

But, honest the original story did mention these things, all removed now... The video came from that story.

I am no govt troll. I am an honest person who wants real people, like me and you, to see truth. So many BS things out there, but something is wrong with everything we see all day on TV, Etc, I will give you that.

Someone, likely in the Govt, DID RELEASE this fake study, likely in order to make us all look bad, those looking into what IS GOING WRONG in this country, and the world.

Here is another link which I just looked for
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2844948/posts

Honest, this is 100% fake. HONEST.
smallchange
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About