Diesel-Powered Auction

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

Diesel-Powered Auction

Postby IdahoCopper » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:48 pm

At 3:30 this afternoon a Suburban hit a power pole down the street knocking out the power to 1100 homes in my area. I was just getting ready to write up this auction:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=12881&p=124877#p124877

So I rolled out the 6.5Kw generator and plugged in the house, turned the computer back on and posted the auction detail.

Just now, as I was writing the the power came back on. It was out for just over 3 hours.

It was nice to test the backup system. Only the well and 4 circuits are active on the genny. The refrigerator, freezer, furnace fan, some lights, the TV & stereo, and the computers work. I guess that's enough.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Re: Diesel-Powered Auction

Postby everything » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:28 pm

People out east and down south are installing generators like mad, Generac, hired hundreds of extra employees for this expansion. Outages, are more frequent, and for longer periods. Some of the larger companies start these up periodically for testing/keeping lubed up, burning old gas up, then just feed the power back into the grid.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About