Cannibalism, Zombies, and Face Eaters!

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

Cannibalism, Zombies, and Face Eaters!

Postby frugi » Tue May 29, 2012 6:06 pm

Just trying to get everyones take on this one. In light of the recent news coming out od Miami, Fl concerning the face eater on May 27, 2012, I am just curious what you all think. This is the 5th case of naked people being found covered in blood, with super human strength capablities since March. So, in 3 months time 5 people have been found naked and bloody in the Miami area. What do you all think? Is it as the news and media, and officials, police and doctors say that it is caused by bath salts, and/or LSD laced with poison? or is this a cover up of a bigger picture and possibly some type of outbreak? After hearing about the incident yesterday, it somewhat freaks me out that the "face eater" growled at the police, and it took police having to shoot him in the chest 4-6 times before being able to make him stop eating. very scary. I can't believe the victim is still alive. unbelievable!
https://pre82.com/
SELLING CENTS ^^
frugi
Post Hoarder

Re: Cannibalism, Zombies, and Face Eaters!

Postby Mossy » Wed May 30, 2012 12:48 pm

Sounds like a job for Barbara Everett.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby frugi » Wed May 30, 2012 4:30 pm

Who is Barbara Everett?

I thought maybe you were leading up to the Zimmerman/Martin prosecutor since it was a "white" guy shooting an unarmed "black" guy while he was enjoying his lunch. But she (the prosecutor) has a different name.
SELLING CENTS ^^
frugi
Post Hoarder

Postby Mossy » Thu May 31, 2012 5:22 pm

Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby NotABigDeal » Thu May 31, 2012 6:57 pm

Well, guess I'll be ready. Just in case....

You never know, hehe.

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby theo » Thu May 31, 2012 7:03 pm

frugi wrote:Just trying to get everyones take on this one. In light of the recent news coming out od Miami, Fl concerning the face eater on May 27, 2012, I am just curious what you all think. This is the 5th case of naked people being found covered in blood, with super human strength capablities since March. So, in 3 months time 5 people have been found naked and bloody in the Miami area. What do you all think? Is it as the news and media, and officials, police and doctors say that it is caused by bath salts, and/or LSD laced with poison? or is this a cover up of a bigger picture and possibly some type of outbreak? After hearing about the incident yesterday, it somewhat freaks me out that the "face eater" growled at the police, and it took police having to shoot him in the chest 4-6 times before being able to make him stop eating. very scary. I can't believe the victim is still alive. unbelievable!

I didn't realize there were other cases. The vague, scattered explanations do seem suspicious. If you have several cases involving nudity and cannibalism, then we looking at something (a drug or a decease) that destroys the higher brain functions (our very humanity). If these events are focused on homeless (?) in a concentrated area, it could be that somebody (government, private entity, criminal enterprise?) is experimenting with very potent veriation of a drug or a chemical. .
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Mossy » Thu May 31, 2012 7:34 pm

It's supposed to be "bath salts", something related to meth. The clothes come off because the user loses his ability to think and his temperature goes up sharply. Supposedly. (I recall all the scare mongering bs about various drugs back in the 60's.)

OTOH, California sure moved fast to outlaw bananas, back in the day, when someone started a rumor that smoking dried banana peels would make you high, and "bath salts" have been around much longer than that. How come they not illegal yet? Or, are they?
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby natsb88 » Thu May 31, 2012 7:53 pm

Mossy wrote:It's supposed to be "bath salts", something related to meth. The clothes come off because the user loses his ability to think and his temperature goes up sharply. Supposedly. (I recall all the scare mongering bs about various drugs back in the 60's.)

OTOH, California sure moved fast to outlaw bananas, back in the day, when someone started a rumor that smoking dried banana peels would make you high, and "bath salts" have been around much longer than that. How come they not illegal yet? Or, are they?

Bath salts are synthetic drugs cooked up in home labs (not unlike meth in that respect). They were outlawed in PA last year after a big increase in use and incidents here. A lot of cities and municipalities banned sales within their jurisdiction before the state law came about. Locally there were a number of car crashes and child abandonment/endangerment cases (leaving kids home alone for days, in locked cars for hours, and crashing cars with children on board) that prompted outlawing bath salt sales. Never heard much about them until they started showing up in convenience stores. Don't want to perpetuate any stereotypes, but they were primarily being sold in independent stores owned and operated by individuals of middle-eastern descent who were importing the drugs or even manufacturing them themselves. The same store was busted several times after the local sales ban took effect.
natsb88

Postby frugi » Thu May 31, 2012 8:07 pm

and FYI bath salts is the generic name for the drug. It is not actually bath salts, it is just called that because the finished product looks like Espom Salts, but is completely different than the drug, the drug is not bath salts.

Did the autopsy, and toxicology reports come out yet, or is this all still conjecture, and what the authorities are presuming?
SELLING CENTS ^^
frugi
Post Hoarder

Postby Mossy » Thu May 31, 2012 9:20 pm

Statement by a cop. Almost certainly conjecture, but other cops pitched in (on another forum where I do not post as Mossy) and agreed that was what it sounded like to them.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby cupronickel » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:03 pm

The CDC has released their report.
Nothing to see here, move along.

http://gawker.com/5914998/cdc-claims-zo ... s-continue
cupronickel
Penny Pincher Member

Postby John_doe » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:12 pm

sounds to me like they are trying to save face.

anyone?
Ancora Imparo

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby Mossy » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:34 pm

John_doe wrote:sounds to me like they are trying to save face.

anyone?

(groan) That's a rather gross pun, there, bub.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby John_doe » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:33 pm

Mossy wrote:

anyone?

(groan) That's a rather gross pun, there, bub.

too soon?
Ancora Imparo

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby Engineer » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:25 pm

John_doe wrote:too soon?

It's never too soon for a cheeky pun! :lol:
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby SilverDragon72 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:08 pm

anyone?

Ok. That one was just BAD! :lol:
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Copper Catcher » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:48 pm

Rise of the zombie flesh-eaters - The Sun investigates the UK link with US drug cannibals
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... aters.html
Copper Catcher

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About