2012 potential superstorm "Sandy"

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

2012 potential superstorm "Sandy"

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:40 pm

You all up in the Mid-Atlantic to NE getting ready?
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: 2012 potential superstorm "Sandy"

Postby Copper Catcher » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:45 pm

I am hoping it will clear NC and not turn inward...Regardless there will be a ton of rain with this one.. I heard a newscaster predict like ten inches here!
Copper Catcher

Postby daviscfad » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:13 pm

I am with u cc. bout an hour north of you and we really don't need it
Spencer Davis

Learning, Turning, & Earning

inquiring minds want to know!

Old Feedback Thread
daviscfad
Super Post Hoarder

Postby NHsorter » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:52 pm

I am near the seacoast in NH. Far enough away that I don't have to worry about coastal flooding. I could get a foot of rain and still be OK. I am up on a hill. Too much rain really quick and I might need to re- grade the bottom of my driveway. Have generator and plenty of gas. Already took down any big trees close to my house or barn over the past couple of years. Just need to get a little extra milk this weekend, and maybe some popcorn. :D

All of the wood I have is split and stacked. I normally don't "catch up" so I guess we are due to have a few trees snapped around here. Best of luck to anyone in harms way!
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Morsecode » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:56 pm

We worked today in anticipation of not getting much done next week, until Friday anyway.

Leaf season may be over in a big hurry. We're usually still hustling them up the first week of December.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About