How do you post a PHOTO

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

How do you post a PHOTO

Postby OldPeddler » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:36 pm

I am not the dunbest computer operater around. But I have tried every way I know to post a PHOTO on the buy it now topic. But I have failed. Can someone PLEASE send me Click by Click directions on how to do it.

I have posted photos on E-BAY and E-MAIL But just can't do this.
OldPeddler
Penny Pincher Member

Re: How do you post a PHOTO

Postby Market Harmony » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:06 pm

you have the file saved on your computer
goto a photo-sharing site, like http://imageshack.us
click, "browse" find your photo file, click on them and then click "upload"
The file will upload onto the file-sharing site and the next screen should give you link(s) to the file
copy the link for FORUM and then paste it into the thread
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby Corsair » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:07 pm

Easy peasie.

If you have the photo saved to your computer, whenever you create a thread or submit a reply, and you're on the page to type in your text, near the bottom of the page are two tabs: "Options" and "Upload attachment." If you click "Upload attachment," you're allowed to "Choose file" to search through the documents on your computer to find the picture you want.

Now, if the photo is on the internet, you'll need to right click on the photo, and you should be able to either "Copy Image URL" or click "Properties", which will give you the URL for that picture. Then, once you have it saved, you can type it in here using these brackets:

Code: Select all
[img][/img]

If you put the URL in between those, it'll show the picture in the post. If you have any questions, just PM me.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby Corsair » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:09 pm

Michael beat me to the punch. You can either upload the image to a website or use it directly from your computer. If I know I'm going to use a picture more than once, I'll upload it to Imageshack or Photobucket or something like that. But if I only plan to use it once or twice, I'll just attach it to a post.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby OldPeddler » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:40 am

Thanks a lot I printed your instructions and will give it a go.

PS: Market Harmony, I was born raised schooled in PGH. Went to school in the black snow.
OldPeddler
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Devil Soundwave » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:16 am

Is black snow like a slightly more sinister version of yellow snow?
Scotsman in residence...

The bankers rubbed their palms together, and the economy went up in flames.

"If the government is big enough to give you everything you want, it is big enough to take away everything you have." Gerald Ford.
Devil Soundwave
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:31 am

Devil Soundwave wrote:Is black snow like a slightly more sinister version of yellow snow?

:lol:
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby OldPeddler » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:45 am

Black snow was caused by the soot from the steel mills
OldPeddler
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About