New Gun

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

Re: New Gun

Postby NotABigDeal » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:25 pm

mongo wrote:Congrats on your new gun purchase. I hope and pray that you never have to use it on anybody. One thing you will want to do is check your state laws on when deadly force is justified. i live in Missouri and we have the castle doctrine here which says you are justified in useing deadly force IF CERTAIN CRITERIA IS MET. Its good for you to arm yourself with knowledge because if you ever have to do that then you know the law and the hassle factor goes way down. Also something to remember if it ever comes to that is you only need to say 2 things. #1 I felt like my life was in danger and #2 I want to speak to my attorney. Nothing more because what you say can and will be used against you in a court of law.

Mongo

From Missouri as well. Where abouts? Close to the KC area myself, but NOT in KC, hehe. Our state is a great state for self defence. Fairly easy to meet the criteria for justified homicide.

In a self defence shooting, you don't "feel" like you life was in danger. Your life WAS in danger. You NEVER speak to the police without a lawyer, ever. Nothing good can be gained from doing it. Also request an ambulance for yourself after the shooting.

Deal

p.s. Welcome.
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby mongo » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:32 pm

I live around the Springfield area. Southwest area of the state. Moved here about 6 years ago from the not so great state of Illinois. Man what a fiasco that place has turned out to be. I lived there for most of my life and never realized how liberal the place was until I moved to Mo. Anyway ive been sorting for a couple of months now and yes im hooked. You never know what youll find. Any thoughts on a ryedale im thinking about taking the plunge? I have no problem getting coin and ive got at least 1 dump bank that really treats me well. Heck they let me go with them back to the coin count room. I keep them in Dove dark chocolate and they treat me like gold. Anyway let me know your thoughts.

Mongo
mongo
Penny Sorter Member

Postby NotABigDeal » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:45 pm

Get the Ryedale. I love mine and I've ran millions through it. Can't go wrong. It sure has an appetite....

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

NotABigDeal

Postby mongo » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:25 pm

Do you know anything about the ryedale miser? Ive seen the thing on ebay and its about 125 dollars cheaper. Any thoughts on that? Right now im sorting with a coin analyzer that i got on ebay for about 50 dollars. It does OK but it misses the pre 82s constantly. And what bothers me the most is when I find wheat pennies in the zinc pile arg!

Thanks
Mongo
mongo
Penny Sorter Member

Postby NotABigDeal » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:26 pm

While I don't know much of anything about the Miser, I'm sure it's built to the same quality as the other models. Heck, I have a Coin Artist, and you can't even get those anymore. In fact it's running as I type.

As far as the wheats in the zinc, many have different approaches to solve the problem. Some re-run their zincs with a zinc accept. Heck, I run mine with an Indian in mine. With the right Indian and a bit of time on adjusting the machine just right I have mine shooting all the keepers to the right, including early wheats, Indians, most foreign, and all dimes be they silver or clad. A lot of trial and error.

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

NotABigDeal

Previous

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About