Post Your Mushroom Finds Here!

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

Re: Post Your Mushroom Finds Here!

Postby John_doe » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:01 pm

beauanderos wrote:I see mushrooms all the time on my walks... but I don't know how to identify the safe ones so I just pass them by. But there's usually ten or twelve in clusters in a couple different spots.

probably similar to these

Those are not morels, you might pick up a book with pictures. (one with a close comparison to the false morel which is poison and very similar to the morel) I just bought my last batch, but the fresh ones are well worth the hunt.
Ancora Imparo

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Re: Post Your Mushroom Finds Here!

Postby John_doe » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:06 pm

John_doe wrote:Image

picked these up dehydrated off of amazon, they are quite good if soaked for 24 hours.

Prepared: 12 hours soaked in water, 12 hours marinated in Greek olive oil(bought pitted olives and poured some of the juice on), red muscadine wine, and a dash of Lea and parons and soy sauce. Light sautee in butter for 5-10 minutes.

Served with a medium rare filet minon (tenderized and marinated over 24 hrs.), and a glass of red muscadine wine.

They don't quite have the body of a fresh morel, the flavor is still great however.
Ancora Imparo

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Previous

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About