From the CDC: Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

From the CDC: Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse

Postby Copper Catcher » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:21 am

No, I am not kidding! This really is an article found on the Center for Disease Control and Prevention website:

Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse
http://blogs.cdc.gov/publichealthmatter ... pocalypse/

Our government hard at work keeping you safe! :?
Copper Catcher
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: From the CDC: Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse

Postby Copper Catcher » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:24 am

From the article.....

Never Fear – CDC is Ready

If zombies did start roaming the streets, CDC would conduct an investigation much like any other disease outbreak. CDC would provide technical assistance to cities, states, or international partners dealing with a zombie infestation. This assistance might include consultation, lab testing and analysis, patient management and care, tracking of contacts, and infection control (including isolation and quarantine). It’s likely that an investigation of this scenario would seek to accomplish several goals: determine the cause of the illness, the source of the infection/virus/toxin, learn how it is transmitted and how readily it is spread, how to break the cycle of transmission and thus prevent further cases, and how patients can best be treated. Not only would scientists be working to identify the cause and cure of the zombie outbreak, but CDC and other federal agencies would send medical teams and first responders to help those in affected areas (I will be volunteering the young nameless disease detectives for the field work).

Ah, I feel safer already, don't you? :roll:
Copper Catcher

Postby Neckro » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:02 pm

They're just substituting Zombie for a real Emergency Scenario. The message of being prepared is alright, but them saying they'd help I find is utter BS.
Neckro
Post Hoarder

Postby Copper Catcher » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:03 pm

Neckro wrote:They're just substituting Zombie for a real Emergency Scenario. The message of being prepared is alright, but them saying they'd help I find is utter BS.

I'm sure they will help you...by taking your money, guns and other items they don't think you need... hehehe
Copper Catcher

Postby tractorman » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:21 pm

OMG! How ridiculous! OK everyone, go out and buy all the weapons and ammo with "zombie" in the title! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
tractorman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Copper Catcher » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:21 pm

You mean like:

Copper Catcher

Postby tn-dave » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:04 pm

I remember when they posted this earlier in the year. It was basically a pubicity stunt to draw some traffic to their website :)

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/05/1 ... pocalypse/

"It's kind of a tongue-in-cheek campaign," Daigle said Wednesday. "We were talking about hurricane preparedness and someone bemoaned that we kept putting out the same messages."

While metrics for the post are not yet available, Daigle said it has become the most popular CDC blog entry in just two days.

"People are so tuned into zombies," he said. "People are really dialed in on zombies. The idea is we're reaching an audience or a segment we'd never reach with typical messages."
tn-dave
Penny Collector Member

Postby justoneguy » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:16 am

zombie.jpg
zombie.jpg (40.39 KiB) Viewed 948 times
We can ignore reality but we can’t ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

The truth will set you free,
but first it's really going to piss you off.
justoneguy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Mossy » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:13 pm

Neckro wrote:They're just substituting Zombie for a real Emergency Scenario. The message of being prepared is alright, but them saying they'd help I find is utter BS.

They are federal. I will take a week or so for any request to make it through the channels.

(Let's not get into Katrina. Things were happening that the regular news media did not cover.)
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Neckro » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:18 pm

Mossy wrote:

They are federal. I will take a week or so for any request to make it through the channels.

(Let's not get into Katrina. Things were happening that the regular news media did not cover.)

I wouldn't doubt, Horrible things happen in horrible situations.
Neckro
Post Hoarder

Postby Nickelless » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:39 pm

Neckro wrote:
Mossy wrote:

I wouldn't doubt, Horrible things happen in horrible situations.

I tend to think that FEMA "help" would fall under "horrible situations."
Nickelless

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About